BeyondTrust is pleased to announce the 5.6 release of Privilege Management for Windows and Mac (PMWM), our market-leading solution for enabling privileged and unprivileged users to work securely and efficiently on Windows desktops/servers and macOS —without the need for local admin rights. The solution reduces the risk of privilege misuse and abuse by assigning admin privileges to only authorized tasks that require them, controlling application and script usage, and logging, monitoring, and reporting on all privileged activities. By providing fine-grained control over privileged access, IT and security teams protect users, while improving the efficiency of least privilege.
The release of Privilege Management for Windows & Mac 5.6 introduces:
- Enhanced analytics and reporting capabilities to the BeyondInsight, BeyondTrust’s centralized PAM platform, including all-new views for Mac endpoints
- Improved Challenge & Response features for Mac endpoints
- Several performance, stability, and compatibility improvements
New Analytics & Reporting in BeyondInsight
Privilege Management for Windows and Mac is fully integrated with BeyondInsight – the industry’s most innovative, comprehensive privileged access management platform, which maximizes visibility, simplifies deployment, automates tasks, improves security and reduces privilege-related risks.
In this release, users will benefit from the following analytics and reporting enhancements:
- Dashboards that provide actionable intelligence in several key areas:
- Application and process usage summaries
- Application, process, policy, user, and endpoint activity reports
- Activity and discovery reports
- Privileged logons, user experience, and deployment dashboards
- High resolution graphics that result in better data definition, improving export and printout quality
- Grouped reports that categorize applications under a variety of criteria, such as by publisher, application type, user, host, and by policy
- Drilldown support throughout – from any dashboard, chart, or statistic – you can access the underlying audit information with a single click
- Granular filters and permalinks allow you to tailor and save reports as browser favorites, and a wide range of export options are available for distributing rich reports and data
Additionally, this release includes the following reporting enhancements for Privilege Management for Mac (PMM):
- Added Parent Process name to audit events
- Added ability to filter view on process command line
- Mac audit data added to Action dashboards
- Mac audit data added to Summary dashboards
Challenge & Response – Privilege Management for Mac (PMM)
PMM now includes enhancements to Challenge & Response that bring the feature in-line with Privilege Management for Windows (PMW). Now, organizations can now apply a more consistent approach to managing new use cases with challenge codes that give users instant access to what they need, when they need it, under the control of central IT. New enhancements include:
- Retained Challenge codes per-application, per-user – letting users re-launch the same application and use a response code from an earlier request
- Choice of authorization period – one-time only access, or persistent access
- Ability to limit the number of attempts to enter a correct Response Code to 3 tries
These new features and enhancements continue to expand BeyondTrust’s technology-leading capabilities in the Privileged Access Management (PAM) space.
Want to learn more? Check out the What’s New document or contact us to request a product demo today
Kris Zentek, Senior Product Manager
Kris Zentek is a Senior Product Manager at BeyondTrust, focusing on Endpoint Privilege Management solutions. Based in the UK, he has over 20 years of experience working in the cybersecurity industry.