The latest release of Privilege Management for Windows and Mac delivers a new ServiceNow integration and updates the VirusTotal integration. Continue reading below, or check out the What’s New document for more details:
New Feature Highlights – Privilege Management for Windows & Mac (Cloud Only)
For Privilege Management Cloud customers who use ServiceNow to manage IT-related tickets, this new integration lets their end users make requests for approval directly into ServiceNow as a ticket. ServiceNow service desk professionals can then directly respond to end users from within the ticket as an approval or denial.
Not only does this integration allow end users to ask for elevation of applications and privileges, it also allows service desk professionals to approve privileges and give end users access they need to do their jobs.
This ServiceNow integration provides the following capabilities:
- Ability to leverage ServiceNow ticket creation with fully customizable messaging to the end user
- Allow submission of a ServiceNow Change Request or Incident, which includes information about the user, environment, application/task, and level of privilege that is required by the application/task
- Ability for ServiceNow service desk professionals to respond to tickets via the click of an "Approve" or "Deny" button
- Automatic creation of a permanent overriding rule on the originating endpoint (for the end user that made the request), which automatically overrides any existing policy rule
- Ability to revoke previously made decisions via the originating ServiceNow ticket
Further enhancements to this integration are coming soon.
Reputation-Based Analytics Improvements
Reputation-based information for applications available can enable sysadmin users to make better, more secure decisions on whether an application should be allowed or blocked.
This update improves caching of results, allowing customers to use less of their quota when retrieving VirusTotal scores. Now, it’s possible to select multiple rows on the Events All report and view the results directly within the list view via a new "Reputation" column. This now allows for sorting/filtering by Reputation, making it easy to identify events with a poor VirusTotal score.
About BeyondTrust Privilege Management for Windows & Mac
BeyondTrust Privilege Management for Windows & Mac (PMWM) is a preventative endpoint security solution that removes excessive admin rights, applies pragmatic application control, enables passwordless administration, and gives users just enough privileges to do their jobs and be productive. Available on-premises or in the Cloud delivered as SaaS, the solution blocks malware and ransomware and protects against both external and internal threats.
Some benefits and key differentiators for BeyondTrust Privilege Management for Windows & Mac include:
- QuickStart Templates: Implement least privilege policies in days with flexible, out-of-the-box workstyle templates
- Trusted Application Protection: Stop attacks involving trusted applications and catch bad scripts and infected email attachments. Immediately stop trojan horses, fileless attacks, and more with pre-built templates.
- Pragmatic Application Control: Get control over what users can install or run back into the safe hands of IT, with automated exception handling. This helps eliminate malware and ransomware threats.
- Passwordless Administration: Perform administrative functions on an endpoint—without the need for privileged or administrator credentials. This eliminates the biggest and most prized attack vector sought by threat actors - passwords.
- Out-of-the box integrations: Integrate Privilege Management for Windows and Mac with your other solutions including ServiceNow, VirusTotal, and multi-factor authentication (MFA) providers
- Open Integrations Framework: Utilize PowerShell scripts with Power Rules to automate workflows, create custom behaviors, or build integrations with ITSM solutions and other tools.
- Enterprise Auditing and Reporting: Provide a single audit trail of all user activity to streamline forensics and simplify compliance, using graphical dashboards and reports for quick access.
To learn more about Privilege Management for Windows and Mac, or view a demo, visit: https://www.beyondtrust.com/privilege-management/windows-mac.
Pete Knight & Kris Zentek, Senior Product Managers
Peter Knight has worked in a variety of product management roles since 2006 across diverse industries. He firmly believe in putting the customer at the heart of what he does, and that delivering quality solutions and products is based on a deep understanding of your customers’ world. As a senior product manager, he cares about the experience we deliver to our customers, not just the technology or functionality wrapped into a product. He always enjoy discussing issues and challenges with customers to get a clear picture of what we need to solve today, tomorrow, and into the future.
Kris Zentek is a Senior Product Manager at BeyondTrust, focusing on Endpoint Privilege Management solutions. Based in the UK, he has over 20 years of experience working in the cybersecurity industry.