Retina Network Security Scanner:
Comprehensive Vulnerability Assessment
Retina Network Security Scanner is the security industry’s most respected and validated vulnerability assessment tool. It also serves as the scan engine for Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management.
Find Vulnerabilities Across Network, Web, Virtual and Database Environments
With over 10,000 deployments since 1998, BeyondTrust Retina Network Security Scanner is the most sophisticated vulnerability assessment solution on the market. Available as a standalone application or as part of Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management, Retina Security Scanner enables you to efficiently identify IT exposures and prioritize remediation enterprise-wide.
- Continually monitor and improve enterprise security posture
- Identify IT assets and sensitive data across disparate environments
- Find security exposures in network, web, database and virtual assets
- Prioritize remediation based on real risk to critical assets
- Easily deploy and scale from small to large environments
- Realize optimal performance via non-intrusive scanning
- Get fast, frequent updates from the BeyondTrust Research Team
- Vulnerability scanning that is fast and non-intrusive
- Retina Network Security Scanner optimizes network performance and scan network devices, operating systems, applications, and databases, without impacting availability or performance.
- The most comprehensive vulnerability database
- The Retina vulnerability database is continually updated by the renowned BeyondTrust Research Team, allowing you to stay on top of the most current threats.
- Flexible and scalable vulnerability assessment deployments
- Retina can be deployed as a standalone vulnerability scanner, distributed throughout an environment, and integrated with Retina CS for enterprise deployments.
- Flexible licensing, including unlimited IPs for $1,200
- Retina licensing is flexible to cost-effectively meet your specific vulnerability assessment needs. A full-featured, unlimited IP, unlimited user version is available for $1,200 USD.
- Discover all network (local and remote), web and virtual assets in your environment.
- Reveal at-risk personally identifiable information (PII) and other sensitive data.
- Identify system, application, database, OS and web application vulnerabilities via agent-based and/or agentless scanning.
- Assess risk and prioritize remediation based on exploitability (from Core Impact®, Metasploit®, Exploit-db), CVSS, & other factors.
- Confirm exploitability through penetration testing, with one click to the open-source Metasploit Framework
- Audit personally Identifiable Information (PII) on remote targets.
- Report progress and results to colleagues in management, compliance, audit, risk and other roles.
- Analyze threats and gain deeper security intelligence by upgrading to Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management.
- Share data with popular solutions for SIEM, GRC and other security management platforms.
NETWORK VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Assess network devices, operating systems, applications, ports and services against a vast, constantly updated vulnerability database
- Accurately identify vulnerabilities with a false positive rate below 1%
- Perform Class C network scans in under 15 minutes on average
- Leverage ICMP, registry, NetBIOS, and the Nmap signature database, as well as proprietary OS fingerprinting capabilities
- Audit Windows devices using local or domain credentials
- Perform local assessments of Cisco®, Linux, UNIX® and other devices via SSH tunneling
- Adjust scans for custom machine configurations, ports and applications via automated input/output data reconciliation on each port
- Support SCAP-compliant, continuous vulnerability and configuration monitoring per DIACAP, FISMA, STIG, FDCC and USGCB guidelines
- Get PCI DSS scanning and reporting capabilities out of the box
DATABASE VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Scan Oracle®, Microsoft SQL Server® and MySQL databases for security exposures
WEB APPLICATION VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Conduct automated vulnerability assessment and web crawling with no scripting required
- Detect OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities including SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery, OS Command Injection and more
- Fully integrated into the Retina assessment engine
- Compare web application testing capabilities across Retina products
VIRTUAL VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT
- Conduct VMware vCenter® scans with detailed risk intelligence for ESXi and virtual machines
- Scan online & offline virtual images, plus virtualized application templates (ThinApp® packages)
- Schedule scans to automatically update the vCenter console with centralized compliance and risk information
- Stay updated on new vulnerabilities that could impact the hyper-visor and virtual machines
Retina Network Security Scanner
Download this overview document containing capabilities, highlights and competitive advantages of Retina Network Security Scanner. RNSS is the most sophisticated vulnerability assessment solution on the market. Available as a standalone application or as part of the Retina CS unified vulnerability management platform, Retina Network Security Scanner enables you to efficiently identify IT exposures and prioritize remediation enterprise-wide.
Retina 5.20 New and Updated Features
Both Retina Network Security Scanner and Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management benefit from the v5.20 updates, which offer expanded scanning coverage for virtual, web and network environments. As a result, IT and security leaders gain the visibility they need to better understand and mitigate the data breach risks facing their organizations.
Today, we’re excited to announce new releases of both our Retina vulnerability assessment technology and the BeyondInsight risk management platform. Here’s a brief overview of what’s new in Retina. Retina v5.20 is an update to the vulnerability assessment engine that drives Retina Network Security Scanner and Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management. The release extends Retina’s... more
SIEM products do a great job correlating information from a laundry list of security and operational solutions in order to gain visibility and context within an IT environment. Today we are going to show how to forward Retina Network security data into Splunk to help improve visibility and decision making. This integration can be completed... more
Last week BeyondTrust’s CTO, Marc Maiffret, took us through an introduction, demo and Q&A of Retina Network Security Scanner Unlimited. Retina Network Security Scanner is the fastest, most mature vulnerability assessment solution on the market, and is now available for only $1,200 per year. Features available in Retina Network Security Scanner Unlimited include: Unlimited IP... more
It was great to see a flood of email on the previous scalability blog. Thank you all for the emails directly to me on the topic. Based on the responses, I would be remiss not to cover the other three sides of scalability. First, is how we scale down. Retina is a family of solutions.... more
It has been over 15 years since we first introduced Retina, the Network Security Scanner, to the world. In those early days the vulnerability assessment space was still in its infancy with much of the focus being around scanning network based services for remotely exploitable vulnerabilities. Back then there were no compliance mandates or policies... more
Retina from BeyondTrust performs vulnerability assessment of VMware solutions so incredibly, extremely, amazingly much better than anyone else…. Ok, I’m in product management and maybe marketing isn’t my forte, but let me explain to you in all seriousness why I think we’ve done something pretty special here. First, let me pose some real world questions... more
One of the challenges facing every organization is locating where Personally Identifiable Information (PII) resides on workstations and servers. This data, by nature, is sensitive. However, if this data is not properly being tracked, secured, or even encrypted it can result in data loss. This type of data loss can result in a violation of... moreSee all Retina Network Security Scanner blog posts
Identifying, prioritizing, remediating, and mitigating
computer and network vulnerabilities.
Privileged Account Management
Managing user authorization to prevent internal data
breaches and meet compliance regulations.