The BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform
BeyondInsight unifies PowerBroker privileged account management and Retina vulnerability management solutions, enabling IT and security teams to collaborate on risk reduction efforts.
A Unified Platform for Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management
The BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform is an integrated suite of software solutions used by IT professionals and security experts to collaboratively:
- Reduce user-based risk and mitigate threats to information assets
- Address security exposures across large, diverse IT environments
- Comply with internal, industry and government mandates
By unifying BeyondTrust privileged account management and vulnerability management solutions, BeyondInsight provides IT and security teams a single, contextual lens through which to view and address user and asset risk.
- Privileged Account Management
Easily enforce least-privilege best practices and provide the access employees need to perform their jobs safely, without obstructing IT or end-user productivity. BeyondInsight solutions for Privileged Account Management include:
- Vulnerability Management
Proactively identify exposures, analyze business impact, and plan and conduct remediation across network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure. BeyondInsight solutions for Vulnerability Management include:
- Centralized Platform Capabilities
BeyondInsight adds significant value to Retina and PowerBroker via platform capabilities including:
- Reporting & analytics
- Data warehouse
- Asset discovery & profiling
- Asset smart groups
- Role-based user management
- Workflow & notification
- Third-party integration
Whether you configure BeyondInsight for vulnerability management, privilege management, or both, you have access to powerful, centralized features including:
- Unmatched Reporting & Analytics: Report on compliance, benchmarks, threat analytics, what-if scenarios, resource requirements, and more.
- Integrated Data Warehouse: View, sort and filter historical data for multiple perspectives.
- Comprehensive Discovery: Locate network (local & remote), web, mobile, cloud and virtual assets, as well as privileged accounts.
- Asset Profiling: Profile IP, DNS, OS, Mac address, users, accounts, password ages, ports, services, software, processes, hardware, event logs, and more.
- Asset Smart Groups: Group, assess, & report on assets by IP range, naming convention, OS, domain, applications, business function, Active Directory, and more.
- Role-Based User Management: Import from Active Directory or set custom permissions.
- Workflow, Ticketing & Notification: Coordinate IT and security teams.
- Third-Party Integration: Share data with leading SIEM, GRC, NMS and help desk solutions.
BeyondInsight empowers IT and security teams to...
- Discover network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure
- Profile asset configuration and assess risk potential
- Detect applications and OS functions that require administrator privileges
- Manage access to admin and root privileges across all infrastructure
- Identify vulnerabilities enterprise-wide
- Analyze threat potential, return on remediation, and more
- Remediate vulnerabilities through integrated patch management
- Report on vulnerabilities, compliance, benchmarks, and more
- Protect endpoints from client-side attacks
Here's an example risk compliance rule you can create with BeyondInsight configured with PowerBroker for Windows:
- Allow administrator privileges if the system contains any vulnerability that maps to PCI or HIPAA and is less than 30 days old.
- Allow standard user privileges and display a warning if the system contains any critical vulnerability less than 90 days old, regardless of regulation.
- Deny operations and alert operations and security staff if the system contains any critical vulnerability that is older than 90 days.
In all cases, BeyondInsight would provide real-time alerts of all vulnerabilities.
BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform
This datasheet covers the extensive capabilities of BeyondInsight, detailing the unification of BeyondTrust products into one centralized platform for Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management.
BeyondInsight Version 5.3 New and Updated Features
BeyondInsight version 5.3 adds several new features that provide customers with unmatched levels of security visibility and threat intelligence, making it easy for them to understand, prioritize and communicate risk enterprise-wide.
BeyondInsight Version 5.1 New and Updated Features
The latest features and updates released in BeyondInsight 5.1 are highlighted in this document.
Fusing Vulnerability Data and User Intelligence
BeyondTrust joins asset and user information in one platform, allowing IT and Security teams to have one lens through which to view risk. This puts events in context and enables joint decision-making within your IT organization, ensuring daily operations are guided by common goals for reducing risk.
Today, we’re excited to announce new releases of both our Retina vulnerability assessment technology and the BeyondInsight risk management platform. Here’s a brief overview of what’s new in BeyondInsight. With the release of BeyondInsight v5.3, BeyondTrust solutions that come equipped with the centralized BeyondInsight management, analytics and reporting console now benefit from several additional platform... more
Worried about BASH Shellshock? Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management can scan your environment to identify applications affected by Shellshock. BeyondTrust has generated several Retina vulnerability audits to help our customers identify the various permutations of applications affected by Shellshock. The BeyondInsight Analytics and Reporting engine, included with Retina CS, makes it simple to view and... more
During World War II, the United States posted flyers such as “Loose Lips Might Sink Ships” to discourage gossip and sharing data that could ultimately end up in enemy hands. More recently we’ve heard, “If You See Something, Say Something.” Both bits of wisdom apply to security within organizations. Users have to consider the potential... more
In many sports, as in business, teams will promote a strategy to gain an edge – even if the concept is possibly flawed. Consider an American football hurry-up offense: will it cause the defense to stumble, or will it just exhaust the offense? The play has potential pros and cons, and many strategic technologies are... more
A few years ago, I wrote a blog post about finding personal information online. I recently Googled myself again to see who knows what about me. I expected to find some posts and papers I’ve written, and maybe some of my contact details. Instead, the majority of the first-page results associate my name with a... more
2008: Unifying Vulnerability Management + Endpoint Protection It all started in 2008, when eEye Digital Security transformed its REM management platform into Retina CS, a solution that could do more than just vulnerability management. Retina CS (short for “Compliance and Security” – or, as we joke internally, for “Chris Silva” our Chief Architect) merged the... more
Assets, users, vulnerabilities and exploits; all are common themes in my posts on BeyondInsight. With BeyondInsight v5.1, we unveiled a new way to view exploitable assets. Sure, most vulnerability management solutions link vulnerability data to exploit information, allowing tools like NeXpose and QualysGuard to list an asset, its vulnerabilities, and any related exploits. BeyondInsight does... more
It’s no secret that dozens of new OS and application vulnerabilities are revealed every day. Staying on top of these new exposures normally requires paying for services or subscribing to multiple RSS feeds. BeyondInsight 5.1 provides customers with another option: a built-in, customizable vulnerability alerting system that delivers up-to-date information on the latest vulnerabilities in... more
If your vulnerability assessment scans can’t produce meaningful and actionable reports, performing a scan does no good for anyone. If you’ve read my other blog posts, you know I have no qualms about stating that BeyondTrust provides the best vulnerability reporting in the industry. Ask your favorite analyst and they’ll tend to agree. Of course,... more
Today, it’s my pleasure to introduce you to BeyondInsight version 5.1, the latest release of our IT Risk Management platform, which unifies several of our solutions for Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management. BeyondInsight v5.1 embodies BeyondTrust’s mission to give our customers the visibility they need to make smart decisions and reduce risk to their... moreSee all BeyondInsight blog posts
Identifying, prioritizing, remediating, and mitigating
computer and network vulnerabilities.
Privileged Account Management
Managing user authorization to prevent internal data
breaches and meet compliance regulations.