The BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform
BeyondInsight unifies PowerBroker privileged account management and Retina vulnerability management solutions, enabling IT and security teams to collaborate on risk reduction efforts.
A Unified Platform for Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management
The BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform is an integrated suite of software solutions used by IT professionals and security experts to collaboratively:
- Reduce user-based risk and mitigate threats to information assets
- Address security exposures across large, diverse IT environments
- Comply with internal, industry and government mandates
By unifying BeyondTrust privileged account management and vulnerability management solutions, BeyondInsight provides IT and security teams a single, contextual lens through which to view and address user and asset risk.
- Privileged Account Management
Easily enforce least-privilege best practices and provide the access employees need to perform their jobs safely, without obstructing IT or end-user productivity. BeyondInsight solutions for Privileged Account Management include:
- Centralized Platform Capabilities
BeyondInsight adds significant value to Retina and PowerBroker via platform capabilities including:
- Reporting & analytics
- Data warehouse
- Asset discovery & profiling
- Asset smart groups
- Role-based user management
- Workflow & notification
- Third-party integration
- Vulnerability Management
Proactively identify exposures, analyze business impact, and plan and conduct remediation across network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure. BeyondInsight solutions for Vulnerability Management include:
- Advanced User & Asset Threat Analytics
BeyondInsight Clarity efficiently detects critical IT security threats that were previously lost amidst volumes of data, enabling you to identify users and assets displaying patterns of risky activity.
- Aggregate users and asset data to centrally baseline and track behavior
- Correlate diverse asset, user and threat activity to reveal critical risks
- Identify potential malware threats buried in asset activity data
- Measure the velocity of asset changes to flag in-progress threats
- Isolate users and assets exhibiting deviant behavior
- Increase the ROI of deployed security solutions with deep risk analytics
- Generate reports to inform and align security decisions
Whether you configure BeyondInsight for vulnerability management, privilege management, or both, you have access to powerful, centralized features including:
- Advanced Threat Analytics: Correlate low-level data from a variety of BeyondTrust and third-party solutions to uncover critical threats.
- Malware analysis: Correlate system activity against a constantly updated malware database.
- Unmatched Reporting & Analytics: Report on compliance, benchmarks, threat analytics, what-if scenarios, resource requirements, and more.
- Integrated Data Warehouse: View, sort and filter historical data for multiple perspectives.
- Comprehensive Discovery: Locate network (local & remote), web, mobile, cloud and virtual assets, as well as privileged accounts.
- Asset Profiling: Profile IP, DNS, OS, Mac address, users, accounts, password ages, ports, services, software, processes, hardware, event logs, and more.
- Asset Smart Groups: Group, assess, & report on assets by IP range, naming convention, OS, domain, applications, business function, Active Directory, and more.
- Role-Based User Management: Import from Active Directory or set custom permissions.
- Workflow, Ticketing & Notification: Coordinate IT and security teams.
- Third-Party Integration: Share data with leading SIEM, GRC, NMS and help desk solutions.
BeyondInsight empowers IT and security teams to...
- Discover network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure
- Profile asset configuration and assess risk potential
- Detect applications and OS functions that require administrator privileges
- Manage access to admin and root privileges across all infrastructure
- Identify vulnerabilities and malware enterprise-wide
- Reveal user, account and asset risks previously hidden in diverse data sets
- Analyze threat potential, return on remediation, and more
- Remediate vulnerabilities through integrated patch management
- Report on vulnerabilities, compliance, benchmarks, and more
- Protect endpoints from client-side attacks
Vulnerability-Based Application Management
PowerBroker for Windows customers have access to Vulnerability-Based Application Management (VBAM) capabilities via the BeyondInsight console. VBAM enables PowerBroker for Windows to access the Retina vulnerability database and create rules, such as:
- Allow administrator privileges if the system contains any vulnerability that maps to PCI or HIPAA and is less than 30 days old.
- Allow standard user privileges and display a warning if the system contains any critical vulnerability less than 90 days old, regardless of regulation.
- Deny operations and alert operations and security staff if the system contains any critical vulnerability that is older than 90 days.
In all cases, BeyondInsight would provide real-time alerts of all vulnerabilities.
BeyondInsight Clarity: Advanced Threat Analytics
An application is launched for the first time. An administrator logs in at 2am. A server has unpatched vulnerabilities. Seen individually, these events may be written off as low-risk blips. When combined on a single system, in a single time period, they add up to a red alert.
BeyondInsight Clarity enables IT and security professionals to identify the data breach threats typically missed by other security analytics solutions. A standard capability of the BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Console, Clarity pinpoints specific, high-risk users and assets by correlating low-level privilege, vulnerability and threat data from a variety of BeyondTrust and third-party solutions.
BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Platform
This datasheet covers the extensive capabilities of BeyondInsight, detailing the unification of BeyondTrust products into one centralized platform for Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management.
BeyondInsight Clarity Advanced Threat Analytics
This datasheet details the advanced user, account and asset threat analytics capabilities in BeyondInsight Clarity. Clarity pinpoints specific, high-risk users and assets by correlating low-level privilege, vulnerability and threat data from a variety of BeyondTrust and third-party solutions.
BeyondInsight Version 5.6 New and Updated Features
BeyondInsight version v5.6 extends the platform's ability to provide a holistic view of risk with new connectors for analyzing firewall data and assessing vulnerabilities in cloud environments. The new version also enables users to proactively take informed action against attacks via new alerting capabilities in the Clarity Threat Analytics module. In addition, the BeyondInsight interface has been updated to support PowerBroker for Mac, an industry-first least-privilege solution for OS X endpoints.
Who’s Using Cyberthreat Intelligence and How?
The idea behind cyberthreat intelligence is to provide the ability to recognize and act upon indicators of attack and compromise scenarios in a timely manner. While bits of information about attacks abound, cyberthreat intelligence (CTI) recognizes indicators of attacks as they progress, in essence putting these pieces together with shared knowledge about attack methods and processes.
Fusing Vulnerability Data and User Intelligence
BeyondTrust joins asset and user information in one platform, allowing IT and Security teams to have one lens through which to view risk. This puts events in context and enables joint decision-making within your IT organization, ensuring daily operations are guided by common goals for reducing risk.
At BeyondTrust, we know our customers’ lives are a lot easier when their security products play nicely with one another. That’s why we think “outside the silo” when building our privileged account management and vulnerability management solutions – and it’s also why the majority of our solutions operate under the BeyondInsight risk management platform. Think... more
Death, Taxes and Malware: BeyondInsight 5.5 Adds Malware Analysis. BeyondTrust combats advanced persistent threats with new capabilities in BeyondInsight IT Risk Management Console. BeyondInsight Clarity threat analytics capability incorporates malware analysis to identify APTs and other hidden threats. more
Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management has included advanced VMware auditing capabilities for some time, including virtual machine discovery and scanning through a cloud connection, plus the ability to scan ESX and ESXi hosts using SSH. However, in response to recent security concerns associated with SSH, VMware has disabled SSH by default in its more recent... more
BeyondInsight Clarity, now shipping standard with BeyondInsight v5.4, enables our customers to detect critical IT security threats previously lost amidst volumes of data, while identifying specific users, accounts and assets exhibiting patterns of risky activity. more
Today, we’re excited to announce new releases of both our Retina vulnerability assessment technology and the BeyondInsight risk management platform. Here’s a brief overview of what’s new in BeyondInsight. With the release of BeyondInsight v5.3, BeyondTrust solutions that come equipped with the centralized BeyondInsight management, analytics and reporting console now benefit from several additional platform... more
Worried about BASH Shellshock? Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management can scan your environment to identify applications affected by Shellshock. BeyondTrust has generated several Retina vulnerability audits to help our customers identify the various permutations of applications affected by Shellshock. The BeyondInsight Analytics and Reporting engine, included with Retina CS, makes it simple to view and... more
During World War II, the United States posted flyers such as “Loose Lips Might Sink Ships” to discourage gossip and sharing data that could ultimately end up in enemy hands. More recently we’ve heard, “If You See Something, Say Something.” Both bits of wisdom apply to security within organizations. Users have to consider the potential... more
In many sports, as in business, teams will promote a strategy to gain an edge – even if the concept is possibly flawed. Consider an American football hurry-up offense: will it cause the defense to stumble, or will it just exhaust the offense? The play has potential pros and cons, and many strategic technologies are... more
A few years ago, I wrote a blog post about finding personal information online. I recently Googled myself again to see who knows what about me. I expected to find some posts and papers I’ve written, and maybe some of my contact details. Instead, the majority of the first-page results associate my name with a... more
2008: Unifying Vulnerability Management + Endpoint Protection It all started in 2008, when eEye Digital Security transformed its REM management platform into Retina CS, a solution that could do more than just vulnerability management. Retina CS (short for “Compliance and Security” – or, as we joke internally, for “Chris Silva” our Chief Architect) merged the... moreSee all BeyondInsight blog posts