BeyondTrust is excited to announce a new Password Safe – ServiceNow Enterprise Integration, which expands on a previous integration of ServiceNow into Password Safe. Read on to learn how the latest integration between BeyondTrust Password Safe and ServiceNow is resolving ITSM challenges by enabling least privilege for tickets, streamlining support ticketing, and more.
What are the challenges of today’s ITSM landscape?
Today’s ITSM landscape is becoming increasingly complicated. The surge in work-from-anywhere employees, hybrid work models, and the increased reliance on partners and vendors have created a high level of demand—and introduced new challenges. IT support teams must handle different devices and easily downloadable apps, SaaS enterprise applications, and multicloud environments. At the same time, internal and external ITSM customers are demanding more efficient service, management is requiring greater productivity and demonstrable ROI, and increasing security for the enterprise has become a top priority.
How are BeyondTrust and ServiceNow teaming up to help?
Together, BeyondTrust and ServiceNow are helping to seamlessly enable your enterprise to increase productivity, strengthen your security, and meet compliance requirements by:
- Streamlining support and ticketing
- Improving change tracking
- Enforcing least privilege for tickets
- Enabling automations that can discover hardware and assets
The BeyondTrust Password Safe Enterprise integration with ServiceNow provides organizations with the ability to seamlessly request and approve access to managed systems and accounts, all without having to change user interfaces and without having to deviate from your change management process.
How does the Password Safe – ServiceNow integration introduce least privilege and other benefits for ticketing?
A ServiceNow user can request to check-out credentials or sessions for privileged accounts managed by Password Safe using the any of the ITSM access approval flows (e.g. Incident, Change Request, Problem, and Request). The user will only gain access to the asset and the privileged account that was requested and approved. Once approved, the user can initiate an RDP or SSH session right from ServiceNow using their native connectivity tools, such as Remote Desktop connection or Putty.
What’s new with this latest integration?
This integration introduces a number of new features and capabilities. Highlights of this latest integration include:
- Simplified installation and configuration. Users are now able to install directly from the ServiceNow app store.
- Ticket configuration. Users are now able to configure the ticket types, such as Incident, Change, Problem and Request.
- Support for workspace views (e.g. Service Operations Workspace).
- Improved auditing. Administrators will have visibility into who approved a request and to which privileged account and asset.
- Least privilege authorization. Users can now be authorized to perform specific administrative actions without logging on as admins.
- Streamlined ticketing. All actions now take place within a ticket/incident (e.g. request, approve, and open session), consistent with the Remote Support and Privileged Remote Access integrations.
- Advanced session security. Requesters will not be able to impersonate another account or launch a session logged in as a different requestor. This prevents unauthorized access.
- Adherence to change management processes. Opening a session will check the approval status before allowing privileged user access, keeping the process more in line with the change management process as opposed to being tied to an incident (as it is with the current integration).
Delivering more value and innovation for your business: BeyondTrust and ServiceNow
The BeyondTrust and ServiceNow partnership offers a more productive, secure ITSM solution. Expanding your ServiceNow ITSM with BeyondTrust integrations can help you:
- Expand coverage across departments, a remote workforce, and supply-chain partners
- Better align ITSM with changing business needs and demonstrate IT leadership and value
- Position IT executives as innovative business leaders
- Play a major enabling role in the ongoing digital transformation of your organization.
You can deliver more value with automated processes and machine learning built on a consolidated, secure foundation. For example, when moving employees, applications, and systems to the cloud, a fully enabled ITSM (with remote support, unattended jump sessions and automated, centralized credentials) can more quickly identify support issues and share fixes. The service desk can even work behind the scenes to move applications, files, and permissions to smooth the digital transformation.
These integrations are fully certified and supported by ServiceNow and BeyondTrust. They are available on-premises or cloud-based, and they can be downloaded from the ServiceNow marketplace.
To learn more, visit the BeyondTrust + ServiceNow webpage: https://www.beyondtrust.com/products/integrations/servicenow
BeyondTrust will be at Knowledge 2023 May 16-18 at The Venetian Las Vegas. Visit us at booth #432 to learn more about how our integrations with ServiceNow are advancing security.
Amrit Sokhal, Sr. Technical Product Manager, Technology Alliances
Specializing in endpoint security in the Privilege Elevation and Delegation Management (PEDM) and Privilege Account Management (PAM) space using the industry leading software from BeyondTrust.