I’m happy to share that Bomgar has officially closed the previously announced acquisition of BeyondTrust. The resulting company, which will operate under the BeyondTrust name, brings together proven innovators with a shared mission of helping customers secure privileged access and defend themselves from cyber-attacks, while improving productivity.
This acquisition, combined with Bomgar’s previous acquisitions of Lieberman Software and Avecto, enables us to provide customers and partners with the world’s most comprehensive Privileged Access Management (PAM) portfolio. Our strategic vision for integrating these best-of-breed solutions will allow us to address a comprehensive set of privileged access security use cases, including:
- Privileged Password Management: The combined company offers the market’s most innovative and robust privileged credential and session management capabilities for enterprises of all sizes. We will continue to advance BeyondTrust’s PowerBroker Password Safe as the market leader for managing and rotating privileged credentials and monitoring sessions. And for organizations with requirements around extreme scalability and speed, Bomgar Privileged Identity (formerly Lieberman RED) can address your unique needs. Over time we will bring the best of these products together to deliver added value to all users.
- Endpoint Privilege Management: With the combination of market-leading endpoint privileged management products from BeyondTrust and Avecto, we are the undisputed leader in least privilege management, no matter the type of endpoint, operating system, or management platform – Windows, MacOS, Unix, Linux, or network devices. While we already have the top products to address any least privilege use case, we plan to expand these solutions quickly to offer customers a comprehensive solution to remove admin privileges across all desktops and servers.
- Secure Remote Access: Bomgar’s secure remote access and credential injection technology featured in our Privileged Remote Access and Remote Support products allows us to uniquely address privileged access threats from external third-party vendors and service desks, while increasing user efficiency. Pairing this with securing privileged credentials and implementing least privilege significantly improves organizations’ abilities to protect privilege access threats from both the inside and out.
- Vulnerability Management: BeyondTrust’s Retina vulnerability management solution delivers enterprise-ready, cross-platform vulnerability assessment and remediation, with available configuration compliance, patch management, and compliance reporting to ensure privileged access is never compromised by a missing security patch or misconfigured host.
- Integrated platform: We will continue to build upon the BeyondInsight platform, integrating the best capabilities across our products to create a powerful portfolio that is simple to purchase, deploy, and use no matter how you choose to consume our solutions.
While competitors may use our recent acquisitions to seed uncertainty, I assure you there are no plans to end of life any products in conjunction with this announcement, and we will be transparent with all users about how their products will evolve as the integration progresses. We are committed to minimizing disruption for our customers and partners and continuing to deliver innovation with straight-forward and competitive pricing and packaging.
We do not take lightly the amount of focus and hard work it requires to deliver on these promises. And we feel great responsibility to every loyal customer who has invested in and come to rely upon any of our products. Our combined companies have a shared culture of hard work, passion for our users, and commitment to constantly push forward for the betterment of our customers, partners, and employees. I’m confident that these attributes will allow us to bring even better solutions to market, furthering our customers’ and partners’ success, which is the ultimate measure of our own success. While it’s challenging to lead the way in any market, I’m excited about the road ahead, and hope you join us on our journey.
Matt Dircks, Chief Executive Officer & Board Member
As Chief Executive Officer of BeyondTrust, Matt Dircks is responsible for BeyondTrust’s long-term market and product strategy and leads the company’s day-to-day operations. He also guides BeyondTrust’s unique culture that is centered on integrity, transparency, respect, and innovation.
Dircks has more than 25 years of experience in the software industry with roles encompassing product strategy, product management, engineering, sales, marketing, and corporate development. Prior to becoming CEO of Bomgar, which became BeyondTrust in 2018, he was the Vice President and General Manager of Service Support Products at BMC software, joining BMC through the acquisition of Numara Software in February 2012 where he was Vice President of Products since 2008. Before Numara, Dircks served as General Manager of the Server Virtualization Business at Quest Software.
Previously, Dircks was President of Full Armor Corporation, a start-up he helped transform from a single-product business into a highly-scalable multi-product, multi-channel corporation. He also served as Senior Vice President of Products & Markets at NetIQ Corp, and General Manager for the Web Products Group and Director of Worldwide Product Management at Citrix Systems. Dircks holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Iowa.