Starting mid-Q2 this year, BeyondTrust will be offering its leading privilege management solution for enforcing least privilege on Windows and macOS systems via a SaaS management platform. With full management capabilities in the cloud, BeyondTrust gives customers the best the cloud has to offer—high availability, security, access, and scalability, while removing the overhead of managing infrastructure.
For organizations looking to reduce privileged access risks without adding administrative and financial burdens on their organization, BeyondTrust’s SaaS solutions feature rapid deployment and make managing privileged access easier and more cost-effective. Additionally, the SaaS offering is available in a subscription model, allowing customers to pay only for what they need today, and expand their solution in the future as needed.
“Security and IT teams are struggling to manage aging software and hardware, while pressured by the business to rollout new solutions and versions with little to no disruption,” said Dan DeRosa, Senior Vice President and Chief Product Officer at BeyondTrust. “Our new Privilege Management SaaS offering ensures that no valuable time is lost, and employee productivity is maximized. With our PAM SaaS solutions, businesses get the best of both worlds, removing the burden of managing their infrastructure, while enjoying the feature-richness of the cloud.”
According to the BeyondTrust Microsoft Vulnerabilities Report 2019, of the 189 Critical Microsoft vulnerabilities reported by Microsoft, 81% could be mitigated by removing local admin rights from users. Privilege Management SaaS enables organizations to eliminate admin rights quickly and efficiently, without disrupting user productivity.
Key features of Privilege Management SaaS:
- Quick Start: Reduce excessive privileges and better dial in privileged access overnight--without the productivity impact on employees—simply by assigning users to high, medium, or low flexibility roles based on their requirements.
- Smart Reports: Access granular event and process data to inform targeted policy changes, or monitor trends to track rollout success over time.
- Trusted App Protection: Protect the most targeted applications by blocking those common attack that can succeed even with least privilege access.
- Policy Edit: Apply the insights gained from reporting to quickly and easily create policy revisions which can be tested and rolled out to endpoints as required.
- Policy Groups: Make the estate even easier to manage by grouping endpoints by policy need and targeting policy changes and updates at group level, instead of across the entire organization.
To receive notification when Privilege Management SaaS is available, please let us know here.
Or, if you’re just getting started on your privilege management journey, here are some resources that will help poise you for success:
Guide to Endpoint Privilege Management
Privileged Access Management (PAM) Checklist & Buyer’s Guide
Peter Knight, Director, Product Management
I have been working in a variety of product management roles since 2006 across diverse industries. I firmly believe in putting the customer at the heart of what I do, and that delivering quality solutions and products is based on a deep understanding of your customers’ world. As a senior product manager, I care about the experience we deliver to our customers, not just the technology or functionality wrapped into a product. I always enjoy discussing issues and challenges with customers to get a clear picture of what we need to solve today, tomorrow, and into the future.