The future is always in front of us. As we look at our overall business objectives, supporting the growth of our people is a critical component of achieving overall company success. BeyondTrust is committed to meeting the development needs of our workforce - both within and outside of their functions.
As a cybersecurity software provider, BeyondTrust is continually growing and evolving; it’s imperative that we provide resources to ensure that each employee is given the tools to stretch, learn and move with the pace of the business.
BeyondLearning is our unique Learning Management System with 3,000+ online courses accessible to our employees. With a range of subjects covered – delivered via presentations, videos and assessments – BeyondLearning is a 24/7 essential resource available to 100% of our staff.
While BeyondLearning provides a foundational opportunity, it’s just one component of our overall career development program. Our goal is ensuring that development and growth permeates the entire company. To meet this objective, other initiatives include:
- Frontline Leader Impact Program – Developed in partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership, an online, self-directed course for all managers across the business, as well as employees interested in management opportunities
- Changemakers Mastermind – Virtual course to educate cohorts of our high-potential employees on human-centered leadership techniques using Appreciative Inquiry
- Mentorship Program – Over 10% of our employees, at all levels, are participating in the BeyondTrust Mentorship Program, providing our employees with a way to connect, learn and grow from one another
- Leadership Development Series – Monthly leadership training geared towards all levels of leaders across the business; pre-loaded content related to monthly topic, articles, and a live discussion
- The Leadership Circle – Regular sessions between the executive team and their next-level departmental leaders to relay important company news, solicit and share feedback, and ensure consistent communication
- Onboarding 30-60-90 Process & Buddy Program – Enables managers to set expectations to new hires and provide a consistent experience for new employees to facilitate a successful transition into the company and a new role
- Culture Committee – Global team that plans social events, in person and virtually, as well as BeyondGiving volunteer opportunities and the BT Book Club
- Diversity & Inclusion Program – An employee-driven initiative that encompasses a variety of events, including presentations by leading experts on creating a more diverse work environment and the global, bi-monthly “Lived Experiences” series, where employees share personal stories and facilitate conversations on diversity related topics
Hear from our employees about their career progression at BeyondTrust: Watch the Video
In addition to formalized development programs, BeyondTrust facilitates a number of other opportunities to engage with peers and leaders cross-functionally, with the goal of shaping the experiences, engagement and growth of our team.
“The great thing about working at BeyondTrust is that employee growth is front and center of everything we do,” according to Laura Edwards-Lassner, Senior Director of Talent Management. “Our leadership team recognizes that enabling people to develop their own skills, as well as being part of a positive and inclusive environment, is the most healthy and successful way to run a business. Employees feel fulfilled by their achievements and relationships here, and that’s when they do their best work.”
A reflection of the energizing way we’ve been able to support the growth and development of our employees is having celebrated over 180 promotions across the business in 2020. Given the challenges on the prior year, it was truly fantastic to see so much positivity and growth for many of our employees.
We continue to look at ways in which we can engage, encourage and develop our workforce, based on our “employee-first” mentality. With this concept as a primary focus for the HR team, we’ve found that the success of the business will then happen organically.
Mark Rankin, Chief Human Resources Officer
As Chief Human Resources Officer of BeyondTrust, Mark Rankin oversees all aspects of HR including Talent Acquisition and Development, Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, and HR Operations. He has more than 20 years of human resources and strategy experience, most recently serving as the global Head of HR Centers of Excellence for Invesco. Mr. Rankin previously held the positions of Director of Retirement strategy and lead an internal consulting team at Wells Fargo and was a Case Team Leader at Bain & Company. He started his career at Hewitt as an HR outsourcing consultant designing and administering defined contribution and flexible benefit plans in the US and UK. Mr. Rankin earned a BA degree in economics from Haverford College and an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.