How does BeyondTrust help its employees become their best selves?
As a cybersecurity software provider, BeyondTrust is continually growing and evolving. It is imperative that we provide resources to ensure that each of our employees is given the tools to stretch, learn, and move with the pace of the business. We also genuinely believe that the growth and success of our employees form the foundation of our ability to achieve our overall business objectives and succeed as a company. As a result, we are dedicated to building a strong employee experience to support our employees as they drive BeyondTrust towards success.
BeyondTrust recognizes that everyone is different, and their development goals and aspirations will reflect that. There are several initiatives and programs that employees can take advantage of, depending on their goals, aspirations, and interests.
Employee learning opportunities
BeyondLearning is the essence of learning and development at BeyondTrust. Available to 100% of our employees, the BeyondLearning program is dedicated to meeting the development needs of our workforce—both within and outside of their functions. BeyondLearning includes such learning opportunities as:
- LinkedIn Learning platform – LinkedIn Learning is BeyondTrust’s Learning Management System. It offers quality, online courses that help employees at every level develop a diverse set of professional skills. With a vast library of 15,000+ multi-lingual courses – both in-depth and bite-sized – and diverse delivery styles, we feel that the high-quality content and accessibility of LinkedIn Learning is well-suited to the employee development journey.
- The Sales Academy – The Sales Academy is a training program that was launched to connect new hires with the insights and knowledge of numerous subject matter experts that can help bring them up to speed on BeyondTrust’s products and solutions. It was designed to empower all BeyondTrust sales associates with the knowledge and skills to act as trusted advisors to customers. This helps to set BeyondTrust’s employees apart from our competition. It also focuses on each employee’s individual career growth by providing training, mentorship, and support in whatever path they choose at BeyondTrust.
- BeyondTrust 101 – BeyondTrust 101 was created to help new employees gain solid footing as they ramp up within their role at BeyondTrust. In these modules, employees will learn about our dynamic industry and the huge growth potential it has. Employees will also learn about how our products help keep our customers’ data and systems secure against ever evolving and increasing threats.
- Goal Setting – BeyondTrust leverages employee reviews to create further opportunities for employee development by implementing goal setting. This allows employees to have input and control over their career development. It also allows them to actively participate in driving and developing company initiatives.
- BeyondLearning & Development channel – This Teams channel is where we post BeyondTrust-recommended courses. It also provides a space where employees can share favorite LinkedIn Learning courses, relevant conferences and seminars available to employees, as well as many other development opportunities and resources.
- Leadership Training – BeyondTrust is focused on providing leadership training to all employees, regardless of leadership level. Training is focused on three strategic areas: strategy, execution, and talent. Each month, the company hosts a training session focused on one of those areas to help employees achieve their career development goals.
Employee leadership opportunities
While BeyondLearning provides a foundational opportunity, it is just one component of our overall career development program. Our goal is to ensure that development and growth permeates the entire company. To meet this objective, other initiatives include:
- Frontline Leader Impact Program – Developed in partnership with the Center for Creative Leadership, an online, self-directed course for all managers across the business, as well as employees interested in management opportunities
- Changemakers Mastermind – Virtual course to educate cohorts of our high-potential employees on human-centered leadership techniques using Appreciative Inquiry
- Leadership Development Series – This is a voluntary, monthly meeting for all employees at any level or tenure in the business. The live leadership training sessions offer pre-loaded content related to monthly topics, articles, and a live discussion where employees can share experiences and feedback.
- Level up with L&D: BT Course Club - This monthly workshop provides a place for discussion on LinkedIn Learning courses that have been handpicked to help grow Human Skills (e.g., soft skills – which are in no way soft – but rather the necessary skills that refine our communications). In each meeting, we will facilitate open dialogue of employee takeaways on the month’s course, encourage feedback and sharing of thoughts or resources. As a company built on teamwork, we believe developing our human skills will help bring you to that next professional level by improving efficiency in your communications and building stronger relationships with your colleagues/partners/leaders.
- The Leadership Circle – Regular sessions between the executive team and their next-level departmental leaders to relay important company news, solicit and share feedback, and ensure consistent communication.
Employee Mentorship Opportunities
BeyondTrust is dedicated to supporting its employees from onboard to promotion through the following programs:
- Mentorship Program – The BeyondTrust Mentorship Program provides our employees with a way to connect, learn, and grow from one another. Over 10% of our employees, at all levels, are currently participating.
- Onboarding 30-60-90 Process – Enables managers to set expectations for new hires and provide consistent experiences for new employees to facilitate a successful transition into the company and a new role.
- Buddy Program – All new hires are paired with a “buddy” to help them adjust to the new role, as well as provide a familiar face at virtual events and a resource to help foster personal connections.
Employee wellness opportunities
BeyondTrust offers a number of Mindfulness & Fitness Programs to encourage employees to focus on their personal wellbeing in addition to their career growth and development:
- Wellness newsletters - The Wellness Roundup provides employees with information on wellness topics, including the connection between mental health and physical health and maintaining psychological safety in the workplace. The newsletter also offers tips for overcoming stress and anxiety, preventing burnout, balancing the work life with fitness and healthy eating, and financial planning and investment.
- Virtual mindfulness and fitness sessions - BeyondTrust encourages its employees to engage in mindfulness and fitness by offering meditation and yoga sessions, wellness speakers, remote workouts, and by applying ‘coffee break’ reminders to promote wellbeing and ward off work-from-home burnout.
The success of building an employee-first mentality
As a reflection of how we’ve been able to support the growth and development of our employees, we’ve celebrated over 263 promotions across the global business in 2022. We also welcomed 516 new hires and welcomed back 16 employees who decided to make their way back to the BeyondTrust family. In 2022, 121 employees celebrated their seven-year anniversaries at BeyondTrust. It has been fantastic to see so much positivity and growth for so many of our employees, and to celebrate the growth and success of the company through the accomplishments of each of our employees.
“The great thing about working at BeyondTrust is that employee growth is front and center of everything we do," said Laura Edwards-Lassner, Senior Director of Talent Management. "Our leadership team recognizes that enabling people to develop their own skills, as well as being part of a positive and inclusive environment, is the most healthy and successful way to run a business. Employees feel fulfilled by their achievements and relationships here, and that’s when they do their best work.”
BeyondTrust is dedicated to continuing to provide ways in which we can engage, encourage, and develop our workforce based on our “employee-first” mentality. With this concept as a primary focus for the HR team, we’ve found that the success of the business will then happen organically.
If you are interested in learning more about career opportunities at BeyondTrust, click here.
Mark Rankin, Chief Human Resources Officer
As Chief Human Resources Officer of BeyondTrust, Mark Rankin oversees all aspects of HR including Talent Acquisition and Development, Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, and HR Operations. He has more than 20 years of human resources and strategy experience, most recently serving as the global Head of HR Centers of Excellence for Invesco. Mr. Rankin previously held the positions of Director of Retirement strategy and lead an internal consulting team at Wells Fargo and was a Case Team Leader at Bain & Company. He started his career at Hewitt as an HR outsourcing consultant designing and administering defined contribution and flexible benefit plans in the US and UK. Mr. Rankin earned a BA degree in economics from Haverford College and an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.