Enterprise Vulnerability Management Software
Proactively identify, understand and eliminate vulnerabilities across all layers of IT infrastructure.
Why Organizations Need Vulnerability Management
Despite widespread internal deployment of vulnerability management technologies, we are still struggling to decide how best to protect the organization, achieve compliance, and communicate risk enterprise-wide. Our existing vulnerability management tools do little to help us put vulnerability and risk information in the context of business. We get plenty of alerts, data and information, but our existing tools don’t give us the level of reporting to tell us what the most important vulnerabilities are to prioritize. Saddled with volumes of rigid data and static reports, we are left to manually discern real threats and determine how to act upon them. And all of that manual work is going to lead to something getting missed at some point. The real consideration for us is to gain greater context so we can take the right action sooner.
Recent security threats show a trend toward attacks initiating through third-party credentials and mimicking normal user transactions on the network. These seemingly innocuous users are then able to navigate horizontally through the organization versus a head-on attack. When it comes to vulnerability tracking, our existing solutions may produce volumes of scan data, but the time it takes to sort through that data to identify a threat leaves us at a disadvantage. Without proper context, our risk of a breach and lost productivity during remediation poses a significant impact to business operations. A recent Ponemon Research report states that the cost of a data breach has increased 23%. While no threat management solution can guarantee 100% protection, a solution which allows our IT team to refocus headcount on the most credible and actionable threats will help us better protect the enterprise.
Benefits of Vulnerability Management
When seeking a solution that will provide the organization vulnerability assessment and risk analysis in context. Specifically, enabling the team to proactively identify security exposures, analyze business impact, and plan and conduct remediation across network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructures, and communicate that risk to operations and compliance teams to reduce risk. Key high-level objectives that would be met with this solution are to:
- Deliver reporting and analytics to multiple stakeholders throughout the organization, enabling them to take immediate action and speed time to resolution
- Cover all device types across the organization, reducing the risks from gaps
- Address every phase of vulnerability management – from assessment to remediation – eliminating the need for security teams to manage multiple tools and improving efficiency
- Extend beyond the vulnerability management silo, delivering context to security threats
Enterprise Vulnerability Management
BeyondTrust Vulnerability Management solution deliver data in the proper context. Retina CS will enable you to:
- Discover network, web, mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure
- Profile asset configuration and risk potential
- Pinpoint vulnerabilities, malware and attacks
- Analyze threat potential and return on remediation
- Remediate vulnerabilities via integrated patch management (optional)
- Report on vulnerabilities, compliance, benchmarks, etc.
- Protect endpoints against client-side attacks
- Utilize BeyondInsight, so teams have a single place to collect, correlate, trend and analyze key metrics