Featuring guest speaker, Microsoft MVP & Windows Security Expert, Randy Franklin Smith
Contrary to what is commonly assumed, privilege isn’t unique or limited to the boundaries of the traditional IT department. Here are some things outside the IT department we should regard as privileged and provide the same level of protection as we do for accounts with a similar risk level inside IT:
- Banking transactions
- Software build servers
- Automated process and manufacturing control systems
- Commodities and securities trading
- Patient Healthcare Systems/Data
Frequently, the applications associated with the above scenarios were not architected with today’s attackers and cyber risks in mind. In fact, some of these process control and manufacturing systems have no security at all!
In this real training-for-free webinar with cybersecurity expert Randy Franklin Smith, you will learn how to:
- Find operations, roles, applications, and transactions outside of IT that should be considered privileged
- Protect these areas of privilege using the same proven principles and technologies you’ve been deploying with the IT department for privilege management
- Demonstrate compliance for securing privileges of these non-traditional assets/processes
Then, stay tuned as product managers Jason Jones and Brian Chappell will demonstrate how the BeyondTrust privileged access management (PAM) platform can exert privileged security controls both inside the IT environment as well as for those activities and assets outside its traditional bounds.