What’s the right solution?To close the gap between user productivity and security on Unix/Linux systems, many organizations naturally turn to sudo. But sudo operates only at the command level, not the system level, leaving system processes – like the execution of scripts – exposed and allowing the execution of specific binaries or access to sensitive areas of the file system.
Product review: PowerBroker for Unix & LinuxWith Unix/Linux security risks and sudo’s limitations in mind, leading industry analyst firm KuppingerCole has reviewed PowerBroker for Unix & Linux, BeyondTrust’s gold-standard solution for Unix/Linux privilege management. The report reviews PowerBroker’s core capabilities and strengths, including:
- Strong capabilities for managing privileged access to Unix and Linux systems
- Excellent support for a broad variety of Linux and Unix flavors
- Strong logging, auditing, and analytics capabilities
- Good integration across product portfolio
- Deep integration into target platforms due to their host-centric approach