With the release of Password Safe 21.2 and BeyondInsight 21.2, BeyondTrust continues to improve upon existing features and deepen integrations to improve the security posture, flexibility, and ease-of-use for our customers.
BeyondTrust Password Safe 21.1 new features and enhancements include:
- Custom Application Platforms enable the management of privileged accounts of previously unsupported systems and applications by using scripts.
- Enhanced Team Passwords by providing the ability to add multiple credential owners, or even enable full group ownership, with the ability to expose multiple credential owners via API.
- Native support integrating with BeyondTrust’s leading Secure Remote Access tools. The Endpoint Credential Manager (ECM) is no longer a requirement, effectively eliminating any middleware infrastructure and allowing for a better user experience with web-based configuration.
- Remote Application Isolation, User Portal Update, and platform updates to include Oracle Containers, Open SSH Key Types, and enhanced Jira integrations.
BeyondTrust BeyondInsight 21.1 new features and enhancements include:
- New options for periodic maintenance, enabling users to select the frequency—from nightly to weekly—and gain a more granular approach for controlling the maximum time allowed for the maintenance to execute.
- Expansion of discovery scans to cover custom ports for MySQL, MS SQL, and SSH Credentials. This change ensures that even systems configured to use custom ports can be properly assessed.
- An updated version of the LEEF formatter used by the IBM QRadar connector. This new format allows an IBM QRadar user to filter/alert based on event types, providing a more accurate picture of relevant events.
Read on for more details on the enhancements delivered in these new releases.
Password Safe Custom Application Platforms and Improved Security
With Custom Application platforms, we now enable the ability to manage privileged accounts of all types by using scripts, which are highly customizable. Utilizing a script/application host, Password Safe can execute password change events using customer-defined scripts specific to any application in their environment. This enhancement to custom platforms simplifies and improves security, with the ability to manage privileged custom applications and previously unsupported systems.
With this release, customers also benefit from additional flexibility in their environments, improved business continuity, and potential for an improved security posture. Our goal is to efficiently bring ALL privileged accounts under management, with minimal manual effort, even despite the growing environmental complexity. The following features improve security in this release:
- Remote Application Isolation: Isolation mode for Remote Apps facilitates the limiting of access to a single application during a privileged session, rather than a full desktop session, to tighten security.
- Additional abilities to configure, manage, and support: Oracle DB - Container Accounts, Jira Integrations, Open SSH Format Support
Enhanced Functionality for Team Passwords
Team Passwords was introduced last year as part of Password Safe to help you manage shared accounts used by small groups within your organization. These accounts are accessible by members of the teams as part of their daily work. Examples of teams include Development, Test, QA, Marketing, Finance, and others. Most of these accounts do not contain sensitive information, but they could still cause damage to the organization in the wrong hands.
Traditionally, credentials shared by small groups have been managed manually in spreadsheets or, worse, with sticky notes, without any oversight. With Team Passwords, organizations can provide management for these credentials locally to each team, in a secure and auditable way.
Password Safe 21.2 provides the ability to add multiple credential owners ,or even enable full group ownership, with the ability to expose multiple credential owners via API. This enhancement allows organizations to ensure multiple team members can manage business critical credentials.
Tighter Integration with BeyondTrust Secure Remote Access Solutions
Release 21.2 for BeyondInsight and Password Safe also reflects our commitment to innovation and portfolio integration. Working together, our solutions solve more use cases and significantly increase the value and synergies gained by our customers. Password Safe and BeyondInsight have enhanced the support and integration with BeyondTrust Secure Remote Access solutions.
With this release, the integration between Password Safe and the Secure Remote Access products no longer require the Endpoint Credential Manager (ECM), significantly reducing the administrative overhead, especially with cloud-based deployments. This tighter integration enables a one-stop configuration and administration of the deployment, which can be completed through the BeyondInsight/Password Safe Admin User Interface.
About BeyondInsight and Password Safe
BeyondInsight is BeyondTrust's centralized reporting and analytics platform that provides IT and business leaders visibility into the privilege-related risks facing their organizations.
BeyondTrust Password Safe combines privileged password and session management to protect privileged credentials and safeguard access to critical assets. The product leverages a robust, distributed network discovery engine to scan, identify, and profile all assets. This categorization uniquely allows automated onboarding and the ability for access policies to self-adjust according to environmental changes.
For more information, check out the What’s New documents or the release notes.
To learn more about Password Safe or view a demo, visit: https://www.beyondtrust.com/password-safe
Veroljub Mihajlovic, Sr. Manager, Product Marketing
Veroljub Mihajlovic is a Sr. Product Marketing Manager at BeyondTrust, focusing on Privileged Password & Session Management solutions. His experiences traverses diverse areas, including Analytics, Security, and Networking solutions at an enterprise-level. Veroljub has led efforts around strategic growth, developing go-to-market initiatives, and product marketing.