4 Ways BeyondTrust Remote Support + Cherwell boosts your IT service experience
1. Speed resolutions
With BeyondTrust Remote Support, Cherwell Service Management enables service desk technicians and customers to launch a secure remote support session directly from any module in Cherwell Service Management, or the self-service portal, to immediately begin remotely diagnosing and resolving a problem—across any endpoint or platform. This increases first call resolution rates, shortening call times and eliminating site visits.
2. Promote self-service with secure chat & remote support
Integrating BeyondTrust's Remote Support with Cherwell Service Management gives you a complete service desk solution. BeyondTrust Remote Support includes secure chat support capabilities, so you can offer live help from your website, knowledge-base, or self-service support portal.
With Remote Support, you can easily move from chat support to screen sharing and remote control. After the support session, Remote Support updates the support record with the chat transcript and details from the remote support session.
3. Enhance services
BeyondTrust Remote Support lets technicians work directly with the systems they’re supporting - from anywhere. Launch remote support from any module in Cherwell. Chat securely with customers. Assist users on multiple platforms, including iPads, iPhones and Android devices. And record details of every remote support session, populating incident records with details from the remote support session. This integration enhances service in a number of ways, including:
- Technician-initiated remote support session launched directly from any Cherwell Service Management module (i.e., business object)
- Single-click, end-user initiated chat/remote support session via the Cherwell Service Management self-service portal or rich client
- Incoming Remote Support requests are automatically routed to the least busy technician
- Easy technician access to the associated service desk record
- Automatic updates of Cherwell Service Management incidents with details from each Remote Support session
- Remote Support post-session survey results automatically included in updated incident details
- Advanced logging and recording capabilities for a complete record of the support transaction
4. A more secure remote support experience
BeyondTrust strengthens remote support security, offering the only solution to meet FIPS 140-2 Level 2 requirements. Each SSL encrypted connection is outbound, allowing you to connect without VPN or firewall changes. You can also leverage Active Directory and LDAPS to manage authentication, define multiple permissions for teams and technicians, and capture a detailed audit log of every session.
BeyondTrust’s on-premises physical and virtual appliances have helped thousands of enterprises improve security and satisfy regulatory requirements. And the unique segmentation capabilities of our BeyondTrust Cloud deployment give you the flexibility of the cloud without compromise.
Learn more about how you can improve your service desk offering through the powerful integration of BeyondTrust Remote Support and Cherwell Service Management.
The Gold Standard of ITSM Metrics (on-demand webinar with Cherwell & BeyondTrust)
The Key Trends Impacting IT Support Teams & How ITSM Tools Must Evolve (blog)
Does Your Remote Support Solution Have 140-2 Validation? Here’s Why It Matters (blog)
Remote Support Security (solutions page)
The True Cost of Free Remote Support Software (white paper)