Why You Need to Attend our Cybersecurity Webinars in 2021!
BeyondTrust hosts a robust cybersecurity webinar program, which has been recognized as one of the top free resources for cybersecurity knowledge. In 2020, even a global pandemic couldn’t slow down demand for our webinars, in fact, it only made us busier! Over the course of the year, BeyondTrust hosted over 150 webinars across the globe, attended by tens of thousands of your IT and security peers.
Our dozens of expert guest speakers each contributed unique experiences and areas of expertise; teaching cybersecurity professionals across the world how to better protect their organizations and improve compliance amidst a backdrop of a paradigm shift to remote work, accelerated digital transformation, and increasing cyber threat sophistication. Many BeyondTrust-hosted webinars provide the added benefit of qualifying as CPE accreditation with (ISC)2 and ISACA.
Today, we are sharing a ranked list of our 15 most popular webinars from 2020. You can now watch them all on-demand. But first, let’s take a brief trip down Memory Lane during, in retrospect, what were much simpler times…
In 2017, when we performed a similar ranking exercise, these were our most popular webinar themes:
- How to think like a hacker/counter-maneuver an attack
- Techniques for monitoring attacks and cyber threat hunting
- How to use privileged access management (PAM) and privileged password managementto condense the attack surface and enforce least privilege
- How to defend against specific, newsworthy exploits (Petya, Equifax)
- Ways to improve vulnerability management (VM
In 2019, the technology landscape had seemed to evolve by leaps and bounds (ha! What we thought we knew then!). In that timeframe, the breadth and depth of BeyondTrust solutions had certainly seen tremendous growth and evolution too. Yet, the most popular webinar topics from 2019 were roughly similar to the 2017 list:
- Cyberattack and defense (essentially how to think like a hacker/counter attacks, but with more emphasis on capture the flag (CTF) scenarios)
- Strategies and technologies to bolster active directory security
- How to secure privileged credentials
- How to effectively perform IT administration in a least privilege model
- How to secure vendor and remote worker access
…That brings us to 2020, a year in which IT and business projections and expectations were dashed and organizations scrambled to adapt at breakneck speed to accommodate social distancing recommendations and laws. Unsurprisingly secure remote access, including remote support and privileged remote access/vendor security, and service desk efficiency leaped to the top in priority for organizations in 2020, and these were consistently the most in-demand of BeyondTrust webinar topics.
On the cusp of 2021, we are already well on our way to building out a webinar schedule of compelling cybersecurity topics (we welcome you to submit your topic ideas here) featuring some of the industry’s foremost independent thought leaders.
What better way to kick-start your cybersecurity growth and education for 2021 than by digging into our most in-demand IT security webinars of 2020? While 2020 was an unusual year by recent historical standards, many of the changes (i.e. increased remote work) will have lasting implications for security.
Top cybersecurity webinars of 2020
- Remote Support Tips & Tricks: How-to Use for iOS & Android Devices, with Aaron Schuett
- Black Hat 2020 Rerun: Hacker’s Perspective on Windows Infrastructure, with Paula Januszkiewicz
- Social Media as an Attack Vector, with Sami Laiho and Morey Haber
- Using Remote Support to Get Help: The Many Ways to Start a Session!, with Aaron Schuett
- Why Remote Access Done Wrong is a Petri Dish for Hackers, with Paula Januszkiewicz
- How to Hack and then Defend the Endpoint, with Paula Januszkiewicz
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know about Jump Technology for Secure Remote Access, with Kyle Cowan
- Removing Admin Rights to Reduce the Burden on the Helpdesk, with Russell Smith
- Adventures into the Unknown: Charting a Course to Better Access Controls, User Permissions, and Privileges, with Paula Januszkiewicz
- How to Cut Your IT Service Desk Costs While Improving its Service Experience, with Stephen Mann
- Why VPN Isn’t Enough: Continuing to Support the Remote Workforce, with Morey Haber
- Deconstructing Identity as a Cyberattack Vector, with Morey Haber and Darran Rolls
- Urgent Security Response Methods to Enable the Remote Workforce Now, with Morey Haber
- How to Vanquish Critical IT Vulnerabilities!, with Sami Laiho
- How to Reduce Third-Party Access Risk, with Dan Blum
As you’re gearing up for a new year, it’s an apt time to re-educate and take stock of the cybersecurity and threat trends that are likely to emerge. Check out what our expert IT security prognosticators have to say about with their annual cybersecurity predictions for 2021 and beyond.
Thank you for being a part of our global webinar network. Our webinars wouldn’t be what they are today without our loyal customers and the BeyondTrust extended community! Have a safe and happy New Year!!
Sarah Lieber, Marketing Manager, Demand Generation & Strategy at BeyondTrust
Sarah is a highly dedicated and creative marketing professional with over a decade of experience in proven B2B demand-gen and campaign success in the cybersecurity space. Sarah strategically built and grew from the ground-up BeyondTrust's highly effective and successful world-wide webinar program. Yearly, the BeyondTrust webinar program involves over 100 cybersecurity experts and generates tens of thousands of attendees across the globe. See what's new with BeyondTrust webinars here: https://www.beyondtrust.com/resources/webcasts