- Microsoft Teams integration enables remote support sessions to be initiated from within a Teams chat, saving time and providing a more seamless user experience
- New version also expands integration with BeyondTrust Password Safe, improving the service desk’s ability to conveniently and securely access remote systems
Atlanta, GA – July 19, 2022 - BeyondTrust, the leader in intelligent identity and access security, today announced the release of BeyondTrust Remote Support 22.2. This release builds upon the existing Microsoft Teams integration, introducing 1:1 screen sharing from a Teams chat, multi-portal support, custom greetings, and instance customization for Remote Support users. In addition, a new Remote Support External Jump Groups integration with BeyondTrust Password Safe provides users with a simple workflow that extends access capabilities via SSH and RDP.
This new release extends the capabilities of Remote Support further into the systems and processes that service desks uses every day. BeyondTrust Remote Support 22.2 improves support technicians’ and admins’ ability to conveniently and securely access systems, while furthering the goal of least privilege, to strengthen an organization’s security posture.
“With the sustained increase in remote and hybrid working, Microsoft Teams has become a critical connection and collaboration tool for many organizations,” said Tal Guest, Senior Director of Product Management at BeyondTrust. “Recognizing this new reality, BeyondTrust set out to bring Remote Support functionality to the Teams chat function where many interactions with customers occur on a constant basis. The enablement of key use cases in BeyondTrust Remote Support allows service desk representatives to save time and resources by generating sessions directly from the Teams interface with one click. This streamlines the process for customers, to ensure they receive help faster.”
BeyondTrust Remote Support 22.2 new features and enhancements include:
- Microsoft Teams integration that allows remote support sessions to be started from within a Teams chat session, saving time and providing a more seamless experience.
- Enhanced BeyondTrust Password Safe Integration, which enables multiple Jumpoints to be utilized, expanding and enhancing the integration between Remote Support and Password Safe.
- Syslog access from the appliance UI that allows reports to be downloaded directly from the appliance.
For further details regarding BeyondTrust Remote Support, visit: https://www.beyondtrust.com/remote-support.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
BeyondTrust protects all privileged identities, access, and endpoints across your IT environment from security threats, while creating a superior user experience and operational efficiencies. With a heritage of innovation and a staunch commitment to customers, BeyondTrust solutions are easy to deploy, manage, and scale as businesses evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 75 of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Connect Marketing for BeyondTrust
P: (801) 373-7888