- The application can be launched with real domain or local credentials and neither the username or password is exposed to the user.
- Applications are managed from within PowerBroker for Windows, ensuring a proper one-to-one application match by user or asset.
- Passwords are managed and secured via PowerBroker Password Safe. Communications between the two is encrypted for request and transmission.
- The entire workflow of logging into a safe password storage solution, locating the credentials, checking them out, and copying them into an application is completely eliminated.
- All activity for the credentials is logged and can be reported on from within BeyondInsight for both solutions.
- Session monitoring within PowerBroker for Windows can capture the screen and keystrokes while the privileged application is executing even if the session was not started in Password Safe.
Morey J. Haber, Chief Technology Officer and Chief Information Security Officer at BeyondTrust
Morey J. Haber is Chief Technology Officer and Chief Information Security Officer at BeyondTrust. He has more than 25 years of IT industry experience and has authored four Apress books: Privileged Attack Vectors (2 Editions), Asset Attack Vectors, and Identity Attack Vectors. In 2018, Bomgar acquired BeyondTrust and retained the BeyondTrust name. He originally joined BeyondTrust in 2012 as a part of the eEye Digital Security acquisition. Morey currently oversees BeyondTrust strategy for privileged access management and remote access solutions. In 2004, he joined eEye as Director of Security Engineering and was responsible for strategic business discussions and vulnerability management architectures in Fortune 500 clients. Prior to eEye, he was Development Manager for Computer Associates, Inc. (CA), responsible for new product beta cycles and named customer accounts. He began his career as Reliability and Maintainability Engineer for a government contractor building flight and training simulators. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.