The BeyondTrust experience
The BeyondTrust Experience is built on our employee value proposition—’Believe Belong Become’—which is grounded in our commitment to create a culture where all employees feel connected to the success of the company, have a sense of belonging at work, and are supported in their personal and professional goals.
This blog delves into the foundations of our employee value proposition to explore how and why we are dedicated to building an employee-first mentality at BeyondTrust, and the positive impacts we’ve seen across our company as we work to build a BeyondTrust experience that matters.
Believe Belong Become
Our employee value proposition (EVP) sits at the heart of the BeyondTrust experience and drives our commitment to build an employee-first corporate culture. Believe, belong, and become are the three central attributes:
- Believe - Does my work connect me to values I believe in and care about? Does my company help others?
- Belong - Do I have a sense of belonging, community, and healthy friendships at work? Do I feel valued and treated fairly by my company?
- Become - Am I given ways to develop, grow, learn, accomplish goals I care about? Is working for my company improving my capabilities?
How does BeyondTrust build corporate values our employees can believe in?
BeyondTrust was founded on two core sets of values, one pertaining to our corporate culture, and the other to our corporate vision. Both play a fundamental role in creating a company our employees can believe in.
BeyondTrust’s corporate values
Central to our corporate culture, BeyondTrust’s corporate values drive our day-to-day decisions and actions. We are a global and diverse company that believes our people should be treated with dignity and respect. Our core values reflect this by guiding how we treat others, how we conduct ourselves, and how we work together with each other, our partners, and our customers:
- Teamwork - We are all personally committed to the success and wellbeing of the collective team above any individual success. We recognize that the strength of our team is due to the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds of our teammates.
- Integrity - We take our commitments seriously and do the right thing even when it’s not easy. We are honest, transparent, ethical, and fair. We listen to and seek to understand others, and we always assume positive intent.
- Humility - We understand that there is much to learn from others, as well as from our successes and failures. We strive for personal growth through continuous improvement. We seek and provide coaching and honest feedback, and we never underestimate our competition.
- Passion - We are passionate about our business, our customers, and our products. We create a positive, energizing, optimistic, and rewarding environment focused on finding new and innovative ways to benefit and empower our customers.
- Accountability - We take personal responsibility for finding solutions and achieving results, we deliver on our promises and commitments, and we actively engage in discussions and commit to decisions once they are made.
- Results - We work as a team to achieve results, and we celebrate our success together. We have a winning attitude and a drive to get the job done. We are able to make tough calls in order to succeed, and we never take our accomplishments for granted.
These values are listed in the employee handbook and covered during the employee onboarding experience (and associated welcome swag), are reinforced in each of our company updates, and form a key component of our annual goal setting and employee reviews.
BeyondTrust's company vision
The second set of values relates to our company vision: a world where identities and access are protected from cyberthreats; and our mission: to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world.
We are focused on addressing the most urgent cybersecurity challenges—including zero trust, ransomware, vendor and employee remote access, identity and access security, identity threat detection and response, and cloud security—so we can protect our clients and the world from the increasingly pervasive threats against their organizations, their data, and their identities. To date, BeyondTrust has been ranked as a PAM (Privilege Access Management) leader by Gartner, Forrester, and KuppingerCole, and has supported more than 20k customers in 100+ countries and an extensive partner network, achieving a 90%+ gross retention as a result of our exceptional customer support and success.
How does BeyondTrust create a sense of belonging for its employees?
BeyondTrust invests in the ongoing development of programming in support of employees as they explore their own identities and embrace the humanness and diversity of their colleagues and peers:
- The BeyondTrust Culture Committee – The BeyondTrust Culture Committee is a cross-functional, employee-driven group that is tasked with creating positive employee experiences, driving engagement, and providing opportunities for employees to stay connected. This global team plans social events, in person and virtually, as well as the BeyondTrust Book Club.
- BeyondGiving and other volunteer opportunities – The BeyondGiving program empowers everyone to be active, engaged citizens in their communities by providing a platform for BeyondTrust employees to contribute time, talent, and financial resources to the nonprofit organizations they are passionate about.
- The Diversity & Inclusion Program – An employee-driven initiative that encompasses a variety of events, including presentations by leading experts on creating a more diverse work environment and the global, bi-monthly “Lived Experiences” series, where employees share personal stories and facilitate conversations on diversity related topics.
- Pathbuilders® – BeyondTrust works with Pathbuilders®, an organization that offers programs, mentoring, and lifetime learning networks to fit the lives of women at every step of their careers, to support the development of female talent within the organization.
- BeyondTrust Resource Groups (BTRGs) - Provide centralized support and programming for our employees, as well as a place to explore identity (their own and that of others).
- Company Kickoffs – Provide an annual opportunity for the entire company to connect as one team, regardless of their remote or global office locations, to unite on the company vision, celebrate the year’s successes together, and get a detailed presentation from the leadership team on the company strategies and focus for the year.
- Company updates - Showcase how we’re working together to write the BeyondTrust story. Each month, the leadership team presents the latest milestones and progress updates, introduce some inspiring customer success stories, share how we are connecting with our customers and heightening brand perception, and share details on the multitude of development opportunities available to BeyondTrust employees.
- Corporate bonus – Allows non-commission employees to share in the growth and revenue-based success of the company, making it clear that we are all working towards the same corporate goal together.
- Employee Co-Investment Opportunity - Members of the BeyondTrust team have a unique opportunity to participate in the company’s Co-Invest Program. As a part of the value proposition for working at BeyondTrust, we seek to provide eligible employees with an opportunity to share in the growth and value of the company.
- BeyondExpectations - Our employees are the heart and soul of BeyondTrust, so recognizing their great work is important! As a company driven by our core values, the Beyond Expectations program provides a platform to identify, acknowledge, and reward employees that are exhibiting attributes that are driving the success of the company. BeyondExpectations offers employees exciting ways to give, receive, and share appreciation, including praise cards, service awards, value awards, and more.
- Internal events and team challenges - BeyondTrust hosts numerous internal events, conferences, and competitions throughout the year to allow employees to learn and expand their technical knowledge, explore their interests, and challenge themselves. From UX summits and departmental events to companywide hackathons, BeyondTrust is highly invested in nurturing and challenging the talent of its team.
Has BeyondTrust experienced success creating an employee-first culture?
BeyondTrust has earned a number of prestigious industry awards that recognize our exceptional workplace culture and employee experience. These include:
BeyondTrust is continuously developing new programming and initiatives in support of our commitment to create a culture where all employees feel connected to the success of the company, have a sense of belonging at work, and are supported in their personal and professional goals. Expanding on the success of all these initiatives will remain a priority as we continue to seek new ways to create a space where our employees can believe, belong, and become.
If you are interested in learning more about career opportunities at BeyondTrust, click here.
Mark Rankin, Chief Human Resources Officer
As Chief Human Resources Officer of BeyondTrust, Mark Rankin oversees all aspects of HR including Talent Acquisition and Development, Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, and HR Operations. He has more than 20 years of human resources and strategy experience, most recently serving as the global Head of HR Centers of Excellence for Invesco. Mr. Rankin previously held the positions of Director of Retirement strategy and lead an internal consulting team at Wells Fargo and was a Case Team Leader at Bain & Company. He started his career at Hewitt as an HR outsourcing consultant designing and administering defined contribution and flexible benefit plans in the US and UK. Mr. Rankin earned a BA degree in economics from Haverford College and an MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.