Avecto, the leader in Windows privilege management, today announced that it will host an educational webinar series featuring noted Microsoft Windows security expert and author Russell Smith. The first webinar in this series, "Least Privilege Security for Windows 7, Vista and XP," will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 7, at 11 a.m. EDT. During this session, Smith will highlight the security, productivity and compliance benefits of adopting least privilege security for Windows enterprises.
Event: "Least Privilege Security for Windows 7,
Vista and XP"
Date and Time: Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. EDT
Presenter: Russell Smith, Windows Security Expert - author of Least Privilege Security for Windows 7, Vista and XP
Registration: To register to attend this event, please visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/513174169
Session Details: With hundreds of millions of new Windows 7 licenses estimated to be purchased this year, organizations will be forced to grapple with the new security and privilege management issues presented by the new operating system. This task becomes especially challenging if they want to fully benefit from the improved security features, while also ensuring that their XP (and Vista) desktops remain protected. Additionally, corporations must take steps to comply with several industry and government regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) and Government Connect in the UK. In this webinar, Russell Smith will discuss the concept of least privilege security and the many benefits that organizations can gain by implementing it. Attendees will learn:
- How to implement Least Privilege Security in Windows 7, Vista and XP to prevent unwanted system changes
- Best practices for achieving a seamless user experience with the different components and compatibility features of Windows and Active Directory
- Methods for mitigating the problems and limitations many users may face when running legacy applications
- How to simplify distribution of applications, updates and ActiveX Controls to least privilege users with Group Policy, application virtualization and the ActiveX Installer Service
- Techniques for ensuring reliable remote access for IT administrators to support users by configuring support features and firewall access
Attendees of this webinar series will also be eligible to receive 20 percent off of Smith's new book, Least Privilege Security for Windows 7, Vista and XP, and will be entered into a drawing to win a free copy.
About the Presenter:
Russell Smith is the author of Least Privilege Security for Windows 7, Vista and XP published by PACKT, which includes details about the applications of Avecto's Privilege Guard software for Windows least privilege management.
Smith is also contributing editor for Microsoft Best Practices at CDW's Biztech magazine and a regular contributor to leading industry journal Windows IT Pro. He holds a diploma of higher education from the University of London and is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). With over 10 years experience securing and managing Windows Server systems for Fortune Global 500 companies and small to mid-size enterprises, Smith is also an experienced trainer.