Many will start the new year off with personal resolutions to get back to the gym, learn a new skill or save up for that home repair. But let’s not forget the professional resolutions – and for ever-busier IT staffs, 2018 holds the potential to become a year filled with new individual or IT department progress thanks to setting goals for implementing new technology and training.
We polled our Bomgar Insiders to ask them what they were most looking forward to achieving in 2018, and what they’ve resolved to accomplish in the year ahead. Let’s take a look!
Lots of Insiders were all about upgrading their skill set or those of colleagues via training:
- Obtain my CISSP this year
- Further training on VM and Hypervisor
- Launch an online ethics Continuing Professional Education class
Others shared the broader business objectives they have in mind:
- Complete the disaster recovery plan
- Get KPIs and reporting dashboards done
- Complete Office 365 training
- Become a better advocate for security operations
- Advance our company’s ITSM maturity
- Hire 20 new IT security staff
- Move my infrastructure to the cloud
- Successfully implement omnichannel contact center
Then there were the IT pros who shared their personal professional achievements resolutions:
- Improve my professional reputation among my leadership team
- To show more compassion to the users’ [about their] issues
- Be promoted to director and expand and grow my team
- Expand my network of contacts by creating a working relationship with other IT staff
- Increase proficiency in Azure
- Complete at least one professional certification
- Slow down – make time to talk to peers and find ways to be less overwhelmed
- Get promoted!
Join the Bomgar Insider today!
And finally, here’s to the Insider who shared a resolution I think everyone can get on board with:
Patch the black hole where hours of my day go and take some time off.
We hope every has a great start to the new year – see you in 2018!