BeyondTrust Privilege Management for Windows & Mac (PMWM) is a preventative endpoint security solution that removes excessive admin rights, applies modern application control, enables passwordless administration, and gives users just enough privileges to do their jobs and be productive. Available on-premise or in the Cloud delivered as SaaS, the solution blocks malware and ransomware and protects against both external and internal threats. Utilizing QuickStart policies, organizations can get up and running overnight to receive rapid time-to-value.
New Feature Enhancements for Privileged Management for Windows and Mac 21.1 (Cloud deployment option)
Web Policy Editor: The cloud-deployed solution introduces policy editing directly into the management console, providing a vastly improved user experience and making policy management faster, easier, and more intuitive.
“Add To” Policy: Part of the Web Policy Editor, this new capability enables a more seamless policy management experience by allowing new policy rules to be created directly from audit event data.
Azure AD Account Workstyle Filtering: Organizations are increasingly using an Azure AD over on-prem AD, particularly throughout the pandemic. This release adds support for Windows workstyles based on Azure AD groups. Full Azure AD Account filtering support for the Cloud version ensures policies can be accurately targeted to end users on Windows machines, with the use of Azure AD-only user groups.
*For current customers of the cloud-deployed Privilege Management for Windows & Mac product, the BeyondTrust Cloud Ops team will notify you before performing the upgrade.
Privileged Management for Mac 21.1 Features & Enhancements (available in all deployment models)
Apple MacBook M1: Apple has introduced the new M1 chip in replacement of the Intel chip. The 21.1 version for Privileged Management for Mac supports Apple’s MacBook M1 chip and next-gen devices.
Yubikey & Smartcards: Enterprises who use YubiKeys or Smartcards to provide an added layer of authentication for their Mac users can now take advantage of Yubikey/Smartcard support in End User Messaging, as an alternative to prompting for a password.
Other Benefits of BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management
- QuickStart Templates: Implement least privilege policies in days, not months - working effectively for every role and across Windows and Mac systems, with flexible, out-of-the-box workstyle templates
- Trusted Application Protection: Stop attacks involving trusted applications, catching bad scripts and infected email attachments. Immediately stop trojan horses, fileless attacks, and more with pre-built templates.
- Pragmatic Application Control: Get control over what users can install or run back into the safe hands of IT, with automated exception handling. This helps eliminate malware and ransomware threats.
- Passwordless Administration: Perform administrative functions on an endpoint--without the need for privileged or administrator credentials. This eliminates the biggest and most prized attack vector sought by threat actors.
- Open Integrations Framework: Utilize PowerShell scripts with Power Rules to automate workflows, create custom behaviors, or build integrations with ITSM solutions and other tools.
- Enterprise Auditing & Reporting: Provide a single audit trail of all user activity to streamline forensics and simplify compliance, using graphical dashboards and reports for quick access.
To learn more about Privilege Management for Windows and Mac, or view a demo, visit:
Pete Knight & Kris Zentek, Senior Product Managers
Peter Knight has worked in a variety of product management roles since 2006 across diverse industries. He firmly believe in putting the customer at the heart of what he does, and that delivering quality solutions and products is based on a deep understanding of your customers’ world. As a senior product manager, he cares about the experience we deliver to our customers, not just the technology or functionality wrapped into a product. He always enjoy discussing issues and challenges with customers to get a clear picture of what we need to solve today, tomorrow, and into the future.
Kris Zentek is a Senior Product Manager at BeyondTrust, focusing on Endpoint Privilege Management solutions. Based in the UK, he has over 20 years of experience working in the cybersecurity industry.