For years organizations have worked diligently to lock down their perimeters from external threats only to find out that the most devastating enemy is already inside their doors. Notable breaches and results from the annual Verizon report only prove what we already know: That a comprehensive security program must include an understanding of insider activity such as anomalous, suspicious, or nontechnical behaviors. In this webinar, Derek A. Smith, Director of Cybersecurity Initiatives, National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College, will:
- Provide an overview of insider threats
- Discuss insider threat motivations and criminal fundamentals
- Introduce the most common types of insider threats
- Share ways to identify insider threats and protect organizations from them
- Identify insider threat risks, vulnerabilities and weaknesses within an organization, and provide actionable risk mitigation strategies to detect, deter and mitigate the insider threat
Lindsay Marsh, Senior Product Marketing Manager
Lindsay Marsh is a Senior Product Marketing Manager at BeyondTrust, focusing on Endpoint Privilege Management since 2015. She has over 20 years of experience in IT and cybersecurity. She holds a BA in Business Administration/Marketing from the University of Phoenix. She can be found on LinkedIn and Twitter.