- Change your email, domain, financial, and social media passwords. Make sure they are all unique and that no two passwords are the same. This helps stop the compromise of one password from being used on other websites and applications.
- Execute Windows Update or Apple Updates on your computers. Keeping your computer up to date for security patches is critical in stopping threats. If you do not have time to execute it manually, Microsoft and Apple allow you to set preferences so these will automatically be applied – a set it and forget it approach.
- Third party applications like Adobe Flash are notorious for allowing security breaches on assets. Just like Windows Update consider running their dedicated utilities to install the latest versions and security patches on a regular basis. In addition, just like operating system updates, these can be set to auto update as well keeping you safe and protected all the time.
- If you have an iPhone, Android Phone, Office365, iTunes, Google Music, or Amazon Prime, you probably have some form of included cloud storage service. One of the lowest hanging fruits to protect your data and precious photos is to use any one of these included (or free) cloud services to back up your information. In the event of a device theft, fire, or ransomware – cloud storage can provide a safe haven for the data and photos we can never replace.
- Risk Reality
Privileged Access Management Solutions
Gain visibility and control over all privileged accounts and users.See All Solutions
- Endpoint Privilege Management
- Remove excessive end user privileges on desktops and servers
- Password Management
- Discover, manage, audit, and monitor privileged accounts
- Privileged Remote Access
- Give vendors secure remote access without using VPN
- DevOps Secrets Safe
- Meet the dynamic security requirements of highly elastic DevOps environments
- Remote Support
- Securely access and support any device, anywhere
In this webinar, we will look at several different ways to more safely provide admins with SSH/RDP access to VMs in the cloud.Register now
On the Blog
- Tenable Selected as Partner of Choice as BeyondTrust Exits Vulnerability Management Market
- BeyondTrust Chief Technology Officer Releases Final Book in Attack Vectors Series
- 6 myths about PAM and why it is fundamental to dispel them
- The Security Recommendation to Solve and Age-Old Problem
- A Single Security Recommendation to Solve and Age-Old Problem