The year 2020 has seen global changes on political, economic, racial justice and social levels. These changes have spilled over into the workplace, with companies of all sizes questioning their roles in such significant issues.
BeyondTrust launched our Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) initiatives in 2019, and the events of this year accelerated and prioritized focus on the team’s objectives. When the pandemic hit and many offices closed to allow for safer remote working, these initiatives became an even bigger priority.
In the words of our CEO, Matt Dircks, “Social distancing for us did not mean emotional distancing. Instead, we laid the building blocks necessary to have deep and meaningful conversations around race, mental health, gender, and so much more.”
BeyondTrust is excited to announce that these efforts were recognized at the recent WomenTech Global Awards 2020 virtual gala, where we received the Diversity in Tech Employer Award. Angela Duggan, Director of User Experience at BeyondTrust, was also recognized as an individual finalist for the Disability Inclusion Award.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Workplace Initiatives
In 2020, BeyondTrust experienced a full percentage increase in our Total Diversity metric – from 29% to 30%. Most importantly, in our recent Diversity & Inclusion Census Survey, 96% of 511 respondents said they feel like they belong at BeyondTrust.
Some of the notable initiatives we’ve launched this year include:
- Formalizing the employee-led “Diversity & Inclusion” team
- Implementing a recruiting strategy to grow our pipeline of diverse talent
- Publishing a quarterly “Diversity at a Glance” Report based on self-reported employee data
- Starting a Quarterly Diversity & Inclusion Speaker Series
- Developing a global, bi-monthly “Lived Experiences” series, with employees sharing personal stories and facilitating conversations on diversity related topics
- Holding our 1st Annual “BeyondDiversity” internal summit for employees
Our efforts in 2020 will continue, and we are committed to refining, improving, and expanding our Diversity & Inclusion efforts into 2021 and beyond.
An Employee-Driven Program
While sponsorship and support of D&I initiatives at the executive level is important, BeyondTrust strongly believes that the planning and execution of these efforts should be employee-driven.
Our remarkable D&I Leadership Team includes the following dedicated employees:
- Nancy Compean, Marketing Specialist, Americas
- Jordan Gift, Chief of Staff & Director, Office of the CEO
- Anthony Sierra, Sales Development Manager
- Zoe Smith, Office Coordinator, EMEIA
Driving these programs requires creativity, passion, and understanding, and we are very proud to be led by individuals at all levels of the organization who represent our Core Values every day.
Our goals for 2021 include assessing the frameworks, best practices, capabilities, and resources needed to continue to support these efforts, and elevating Diversity & Inclusion as a core driver of the employee experience and our culture at BeyondTrust.