- Use rate-limiting with iptables to break the web scanning that helped the attacker find the vulnerable web pages.
- Use ModSecurity, a free web application firewall, to catch and break the SQL injection attack.
- Use AppArmor to contain the attacker once he compromises the web application.
- Use a best practices iptables egress rule set to break the attacker’s reverse shell.
- Risk Reality
Privileged Access Management Solutions
Gain visibility and control over all privileged accounts and users.See All Solutions
- Endpoint Privilege Management
- Remove excessive end user privileges on desktops and servers
- Password Management
- Discover, manage, audit, and monitor privileged accounts
- Privileged Remote Access
- Give vendors secure remote access without using VPN
- DevOps Secrets Safe
- Meet the dynamic security requirements of highly elastic DevOps environments
- Remote Support
- Securely access and support any device, anywhere
In this webinar, we will look at several different ways to more safely provide admins with SSH/RDP access to VMs in the cloud.Register now
On the Blog