BeyondTrust's unified solutions offer the industry’s broadest set of privileged access management capabilities with a flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments.
– It is always a philosophical debate as to whether to use open source software in a regulated environment. In the case of ‘sudo’—a package designed to provide privileged access included in many Linux distributions—the debate is whether it meets the requirements of an organization, and to what level it can be relied upon to deliver compliance information to auditors. While every organization is different, BeyondTrust CTO Morey Haber says there are four specific risks/costs that you should consider before deciding if sudo is right for your organization.
– A zero-trust security model redefines the architecture of a trusted network inside a defined corporate perimeter. This is relevant today since technologies and processes like the cloud, DevOps, and IoT have either blurred, or completely dissolved, the idea of a traditional perimeter. But, as BeyondTrust CTO Morey Haber explains in this byline article, while zero trust has become a trendy catchword in IT, in practice, it remains more of a theoretical concept as opposed to one that organizations can implement, for a couple of reasons.
– New statistics from the UK government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) have shown a reduction in the percentage of businesses suffering a cyberbreach or attack in the last year.
– Vendors, service providers and even government agencies have been rapidly deploying chat-based features to field requests from sales to support. It is typically unknown to the user if they are getting a real person or a machine. With a little social engineering, a threat actor can determine which one is behind the scenes. Regardless of human or machine, there are some interesting security risks to chat-based services.
– RewardExpert recently spoke with Donald Hasson, BeyondTrust’s senior director of product management, about how the company’s privileged access management (PAM) portfolio can help other businesses reduce their risks of a data breach with simple to integrate solutions that enhance user productivity and maximize IT security.
– The new release brings updated capabilities and features that allow users to improve efficiency, usability, and security. In addition, the release features new design elements that enhance the user experience and incorporate new brand elements.