– BeyondTrust accelerated recurring revenue and released advanced capabilities across the BeyondTrust Platform in 2023 to provide customers with unmatched visibility and control in their relentless battle against sophisticated cyber threats.
– In that incident, Identity and Access Management provider Okta was alerted to a compromise of its systems by customer BeyondTrust on October 2. Troublingly, Okta did not confirm a breach to the company until October 19 after “we persisted with escalations” said BeyondTrust.
– The attack began on Oct. 18 and stemmed from the most recent Okta breach, in which a threat actor used stolen credentials to access a customer support case management system that contained HTTP Archive files. The threat actor used session cookies contained in those files to impersonate valid users at several Okta customers, including Cloudflare, BeyondTrust and 1Password.
– In October 2023, Okta disclosed its support system was breached, and customer-uploaded HTTP Archive (HAR) files were accessed, including session tokens and user cookies. Okta revoked the session tokens and advised customers to sanitize these files. Both BeyondTrust and Cloudflare detected malicious activity related to this breach and were able to respond quickly. Only to realize later some access tokens had not been properly rotated.
– On October 18, 2023, Cloudflare’s Okta instance was breached using an authentication token stolen from Okta’s support system. The hackers who breached Okta’s customer support system also gained access to files belonging to 134 customers, including 1Password, BeyondTrust, and Cloudflare.
– “CloudBolt is transforming the way we manage our cloud resources by simplifying our automation and orchestration tasks, while their FinOps integration is giving us better control over costs, ensuring optimal financial efficiency,” said Cory Moore, Vice President, Infrastructure & Cloud Operations at BeyondTrust. “We’re excited about where CloudBolt is headed and look forward to the new capabilities to help us further maximize cloud ROI.”
– On October 18, 2023, Cloudflare's Okta instance was breached using an authentication token stolen from Okta's support system. The hackers who breached Okta's customer support system also gained access to files belonging to 134 customers, including 1Password, BeyondTrust, and Cloudflare.
– In the identity and access management segment, Microsoft, Okta, Ping Identity, ForgeRock and IBM are the leading companies, while BeyondTrust, CyberArk, and Delinea are the three companies leading privileged access management (PAM), according to Gartner.
– “For Data Privacy Day this year, let’s explore the controversial topic of impact of age demographics on perceptions of data privacy. This is not a discussion on whether data privacy is important, nor that sensitive information needs to be protected, but rather based on age groups, social media, and the designator of being an “influencer”, data privacy means very different things.”
– We predict an acceleration in M&A activities and IPOs in the technology sector. Companies such as Databricks, Snyk, Arctic Wolf and BeyondTrust are likely candidates for IPOs, following a downturn in the number of IPOs last year.