Remote Support 22.3.1
October 4, 2022
- This version of Remote Support has been certified for Physical BeyondTrust Appliances, Virtual BeyondTrust Appliances, and cloud deployment models.
- RS 22.3.1 requires software Base 6.2.0.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Click-to-chat functionality is now enabled by default on new Remote Support sites.
- Global search for settings and sections is now available in /login
- Web rep console now supports RDP file transfer.
- Web rep console now supports dark mode.
- We have added the ability to disable/control how Jump Clients upgrade. Disabling automatic upgrades will require the Jump Client to update before a session will start.
- Jump Clients can now connect through Atlas environment traffic nodes.
- The personal Vault account limit has been increased to 50.
- Command shell display settings. Users can now change their font, color, and size of displayed text.
- Linux Jumpoints now support VNC.
- Headless Linux Jumpoints and Jump Clients now include an optional system template file to aid in easier system service creation.
- Vault discovery jobs now detect any changes in the read-only attributes from previously imported accounts or endpoints and automatically update their data.
- Existing Jump Clients can now be used to start ad hoc sessions rather than forcing another customer client download.
- Vault users now have the option to fix any out-of-sync management credentials via the new wrench icon on the Domains page.
- Made improvements to Shell Jump file transfer speed.
- Made improvements to Command shell logging.
- Made improvements to RDP Clipboard file transfer from the endpoint machine to the user’s machine.
- Outbound Events Improvements:
- Improved the retry logic for outbound events.
- Added a column on the Outbound Events page that shows a count of queued events as well as relevant errors.
- Configuration API additions and enhancements:
- Security Providers:
API Call Description GET security-provider <id> Returns all attributes of a security provider matching with given <id>. DELETE security-provider <id> /saml Removes existing Available Groups from a SAML provider matching with given <id>. PATCH security-provider <id> Updates attributes of a provider with the given <id>.
- Security Providers:
For 22.3, only the available_groups attribute for SAML providers is supported. Attempting to update attributes on non-SAML providers or attempting to update any other attribute besides available_groups will result in an error response.
- Resolved issue with the Vault Reporting page Back to Search sometimes not saving the search criteria.
- Support Portal
- Now doing simple URL validation for SAML public portal providers.
- Resolved issue with spaces and other special characters that caused session keys to be returned as invalid.
- Now only reports endpoints that RS can connect to during discovery.
- Resolved issue with upgrading the site while rotation retry attempts were not complete.
- Resolved issue with scheduled rotation failing when there were a large number of expired accounts.
- Resolved issue with discovery failing with large numbers of OUs.
- Resolved issue in which the customer information was not being forwarded correctly to the Chatbot Virtual Customer.
- Text Updates
- Updated the Help text for RDP Jump Items to include the lossless video format.
- The Jump Client Global connection rate for Jump Clients option has been moved from the Upgrade section to the Miscellaneous section.
- Resolved issue with various search boxes in /login not filtering the percent (%) character correctly.
- Resolved issue with LastPass preventing the saving of fields on certain pages.
- We now prompt to overwrite existing canned scripts if the name already exists.
- Resolved issue with the Jump Client Statistics Update Interval not always saving correctly.
- Rep Console
- Various dark mode tweaks.
- Resolved issue in which the wrong error message was displayed when the rep console needed to be redownloaded from /login.
- Resolved a graphical issue with selecting the System Info tab first after starting a session.
- Sorting by installed on is now disabled on the System Info > Programs tab as per Microsoft’s recommendation of the data in that field.
- Resolved issue with Ctrl + character key combinations during screen sharing with the endpoint system using a Hebrew keyboard.
- Web Rep Console
- Resolved issue with long names not formatting correctly in the columns of the web rep console.
- Resolved issue in which unassociated accounts were not working properly during credential injection in the web rep console.
- Resolved issue in which click-to-chat prompted for a name when a name was already entered on the support portal.
- Jump Client
- Resolved issue with Jump Client silent uninstall displaying a window during uninstall.
- Shell Jump
- Made Shell Jump session performance and responsiveness improvements.
- Resolved issue that occured when a rep running Windows pressed the Insert key, which caused the customer session running on a Mac to enter Mac Help Mode.
- Resolved issue with the Support Button on Macs not showing the correct version information.
- Resolved issue with the MacBook Touch Bar being disabled during screen sharing sessions.
- Resolved issue with a timeout error being displayed prematurely displayed if the user waited more than 30 seconds to accept a certificate warning.
- Supports upgrades from Remote Support RS 22.1.3+.
- RS 22.3.1 requires Integration Client 1.7.3.
- RS 22.3.1 supports ECM Protocol 1.6.
- RS 22.3.1 requires ECM 1.6.0+.
- RS 22.3.1 includes VSC 126.96.36.199.
- This release is certified with the following mobile versions: