Remote Support 22.2.2 Release Notes
May 31, 2022
- This version of Remote Support has been certified for Physical BeyondTrust Appliances, Virtual BeyondTrust Appliances, and cloud deployment models.
- RS 22.2.2 requires software Base 6.2.0.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Password Safe Integration, Phase 2.
- Multiple Jumpoints can now be utilized with External Jump Items.
- Microsoft Teams Integration, v2.
- Added Apple silicon support.
- Added lossless video support.
- Added option to display session chat translation dropdown menu on the public portal, if GeoFluent real-time chat translations are enabled.
- Vault configurable password length now allows administrators to define the password length requirements for Windows local, domain, and Azure AD accounts currently managed by Vault.
- Syslog reports can now be downloaded from /login.
- Vault > Endpoints page now lets users configure which columns are displayed.
- Vault Discovery:
- Search has been added to Vault Discovery.
- The operating system is now included in Discovery results.
- Distinguished Name of Endpoint now included in Discovery results.
- Search filters have been added to the Jump Groups page.
- Screenshot capabilities have been added to the web access console.
- Session anonymization improvements allow sessions to be anonymized multiple times.
- Added a notification animation when deleting a traffic node from an Atlas configuration.
- The Copy Jump Item API has been updated to allow the name of the new Jump Item to be specified and also returns the new Jump Item’s ID.
- The chat bot API now supports session elevation, to improve bot-to-representative hand-off for faster support and to provide more granular options for session initiation.
- Reverted the Jump Client System Tray icon back to the previous image.
- Configuration API additions and enhancements:
- Group Policy:
- GET group-policy
- GET group-policy <id>
- POST group-policy
- PATCH group-policy <id>
- Group Policy:
Important Information for This Release:
This update removes support for Jumpoint and desktop rep console installs on Windows 7, Win7POS, and Server 2012 and 2012R2.
- Resolved issue with the Jump Item name sometimes not showing up in session reports.
- Resolved issue with License Usage reports sometimes not being accurate.
- Resolved issue with downloading the License Usage report in Excel 2007+ format.
- Resolved issue with Jump Item report missing some events.
- API version updated to 1.22.2.
- Resolved issue with Jump Client discovery not showing a toast message when discovery finished.
- Resolved issue with editing the name or hostname of an endpoint not updating the associated RDP Jump Items.
- Resolved issue with sometimes getting a Credentials Invalid error message when the ECM failed to respond.
- Resolved issue that would sometimes cause performance problems on the appliance after doing an import or rotation in Vault.
- Group Policies
- Resolved issue with group polices disabling extended availability.
- Text Updates
- Resolved issue with Web Jump being mentioned on the Jumpoint page of a Remote Support site.
- Updated the text of the user’s reporting permission to View Only Their Events.
- Corrected a typo for Appliance on the /login > Management > Cluster page.
- Resolved issue with the Management > Site Configuration > HTTP Site address box not highlighting after being selected.
- Resolved issue with the Rep Status name appearing blank on the /login > Support Team page.
- The Days to keep Jump Item Logging Information permission has been moved to the Management > Security page.
- Resolved issue with resetting the admin account not clearing the MFA settings.
- Resolved issue in which the ACH Credential Provider only supported one active customer client.
- ClickOnce has been deprecated and disabled.
- Rep Console
- Resolved issue with using Korean toggle keys.
- Resolved issue in which copying a Jump Client to a new group always showed the Jump Client as online.
- Resolved issue with representatives getting locked out of sessions if they did not have the elevated tools permission and the system locks.
- Made minor Dark Mode adjustments.
- Customer Client
- A registry entry can now disable the customer client from attempting to activate the logon screen.
- Resolved issue with the process of checking for elevation sometimes flagging security scanners.
- Resolved focus issue with customer client in "quiet mode".
- Resolved issue with chat bot sessions showing the Windows OS icon in web rep console sessions.
- Shell Jump
- Resolved issue with Alt+. not bringing up the last command.
- Resolved issue with URLs sent through chat from the rep to the customer opening twice when clicked by the customer.
- Resolved issue in which the rep console on Macs crashed when the user’s keyboard layout was set to Chinese and any characters were typed through screen sharing.
- Resolved issue with the Support Button icon appearing small on Mac.
- Resolved issue with Support Button on Mac having an incorrect version string.
- Supports upgrades from Remote Support RS 21.1.3+.
- RS 22.2.2 requires Integration Client 1.7.3.
- RS 22.2.2 supports ECM Protocol 1.6.
- RS 22.2.2 requires ECM 1.6.0+.
- RS 22.2.2 includes VSC 184.108.40.206.
- This release is certified with the following mobile versions: