- You’ve shifted the balance of power – The scripter or developer no longer has control over the password’s use; IT does.
- You’ve obfuscated the password’s value – By using a programmatic call for the password (assuming some level of security based on IP address, etc.), the password remains completely hidden and only available to the proper machines.
- You can better secure the password – Besides putting the password under management and hiding it, you now can change it as often as policy deems appropriate, keeping that account far more secure than when it remained static and sitting in the open.
- Risk Reality
Privileged Access Management Solutions
Gain visibility and control over all privileged accounts and users.See All Solutions
- Endpoint Privilege Management
- Remove excessive end user privileges on desktops and servers
- Password Management
- Discover, manage, audit, and monitor privileged accounts
- Privileged Remote Access
- Give vendors secure remote access without using VPN
- DevOps Secrets Safe
- Meet the dynamic security requirements of highly elastic DevOps environments
- Remote Support
- Securely access and support any device, anywhere
In this webinar, we will look at several different ways to more safely provide admins with SSH/RDP access to VMs in the cloud.Register now
On the Blog
- Tenable Selected as Partner of Choice as BeyondTrust Exits Vulnerability Management Market
- BeyondTrust Chief Technology Officer Releases Final Book in Attack Vectors Series
- 6 myths about PAM and why it is fundamental to dispel them
- The Security Recommendation to Solve and Age-Old Problem
- A Single Security Recommendation to Solve and Age-Old Problem