In our modern age, technology is no longer a luxury or a frill–it’s a necessity. When it comes to healthcare, technology is essential to the critical tasks of keeping patients happy, healthy and safe. This is top of mind for us this week as World Health Day takes place on April 7 to commemorate the founding of the World Health Organization (WHO). The theme of World Health Day this year is depression – a mental illness that affects people of all ages, from all walks of life, in all countries.
Amazing advancements in biomedical engineering, computer science and pharmacology have resulted in the ability to detect disease faster, treat more people and ultimately save more lives. The technology and innovation that supports the overall functionality of a healthcare institution is just as important as the technology that drives modern cures and antidotes– from efficient batteries to workflow solutions, these technologies work together to keep healthcare facilities running. Another critical area of healthcare innovation is providing interoperable care to patients – as hospitals and healthcare networks become more connected it is essential that patient records follow suit and populations can access healthcare records and information in a timely and efficient way.
In observance of World Health Day, we want to highlight a few of our healthcare customers that are using our secure access solutions to improve patient care and ultimately make the world a healthier place:
- UNC Health Care is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system owned by the State of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill. It exists to further the teaching mission of the University of North Carolina and to provide state-of-the-art patient care. A distinguishing characteristic of UNC Health Care is its association with the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine, a nationally eminent research institution. This relationship gives UNC Health Care a powerful pathway for moving the results of biomedical research from medical school laboratories to patient care settings.
- Using Bomgar Remote Support, UNC Health Care was able to standardize their support efforts through consolidating to one solution (Bomgar) vs. using a multitude of others, improve support productivity and the overall support experience. Bomgar was also instrumental during the implementation of UNC’s EMR system, giving the support team the ability to fully install the software and conduct training for all the users.
- Northwell Health is the nation's 14th-largest health system, delivering world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area; pioneering research at The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, a visionary approach to medical education highlighted by the Hofstra Northwell Health School of Medicine; and healthcare coverage to individuals, families and businesses through the CareConnect Insurance Co. Inc.
- When looking to replace existing IT service management solutions to provide more robust support capabilities, Northwell Health turned to Bomgar. By improving its remote support efficiency, effectiveness, user experience and security, Northwell Health is now able to focus on supporting and serving their clients.
- Meander Medical Centre in Amersfoort, Netherlands is an award-winning healthcare institution with a design that encourages a connection with natural surroundings throughout the campus. The hospital offers only private rooms, which creates a healing environment where patients can gain more rest, leading to a quicker recovery.
- Designed with a state-of-the-art information communications technology (ICT) infrastructure, the organization’s IT team needed to provide its extensive medical equipment and application suppliers secure access to the hospital’s IT network to maintain and support their solutions and track and report on results.
- Meander Medical Centre selected Bomgar to create safe and controllable multi-platform access for vendors. By securing healthcare operations, patient safety is now further protected.
These are just a few of our customers using technology to improve healthcare processes and outcomes. Check out more information about Bomgar’s secure access solutions and how they might be used to make the world (and your IT/support department) a healthier place. And if you’re interested in learning more about World Health Day, check out their website.