- You can’t manage what you can’t find after all. Identify uncontrolled privileged accounts with regular account and asset discovery.
- On a scheduled basis or automatically upon check-in.
- Automatically rotate keys according to a defined schedule and enforce granular access control and workflow.
- Eliminate application credentials altogether by getting control over scripts, files, code and embedded keys.
- Ensure password strength by defining and enforcing password policy to meet complexity requirements.
- Proactively report on password ages and policy violations.
- Use entitlement reporting to ensure that users have access to the resources – and only those resources – they need to do their jobs. Privilege creep is an epidemic.
- Answer the all-important who, what, where and when of changes in your critical infrastructure, like Active Directory, Exchange, File Systems and your SQL database. This will give you regular, real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns proactively.
- Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy to protect the business from downtime.
- Assess network devices, operating systems, applications, ports and services against a constantly updated vulnerability database.
- Leverage ICMP, registry, NetBIOS, and the Nmap signature database, as well as proprietary OS fingerprinting capabilities.
- Automatically select the credentials with the highest level of privileges on each scan target to improve scanning efficiency.
Scott Lang, Sr. Director, Product Marketing at BeyondTrust
Scott Lang has nearly 20 years of experience in technology product marketing, currently guiding the product marketing strategy for BeyondTrust’s privileged account management solutions and vulnerability management solutions. Prior to joining BeyondTrust, Scott was director of security solution marketing at Dell, formerly Quest Software, where he was responsible for global security campaigns, product marketing for identity and access management and Windows server management.