From October 1 - 3, Avecto will be pitching up at FOCUS 13, the 6th annual McAfee Security Conference at The Venetian and The Palazzo Congress Center, Las Vegas. As a Gold Sponsor, we will be located just across from McAfee at booth 116, providing the latest intel on how you can:
- Prevent today's targeted attacks from breaching your data and systems
- Balance security and user freedom
- Easily achieve compliance using least privilege technology
Just fill out a 60 second survey at the booth and you could get your hands on an Xbox One; the winner will be announced at the end of Avecto's and PwC's joint breakout seminar…
|How to Balance User Empowerment and Security Using Least Privilege|
|October 3rd 1013, 2:30pm PDT||
|Mark Austin, CEO Avecto
Lee Barnett, CISO PwC
Why Attend the Session?
Organizations are finding it increasingly difficult to balance the productivity of their users with stringent compliance mandates and the threats posed by sophisticated cyber-attacks.
In today's enterprise it is difficult to give users the privileges they require to perform their role without seriously impacting the security posture of the endpoints: users with privileged accounts can accidentally or deliberately abuse these rights, leading to security breaches and data loss. To cause further headache, these risks are compounded by the rise of the 'Digital Native'; technology savvy users who have the ability to work around corporate policies.
Join Mark Austin, co-founder and CEO of Avecto, for a thought provoking session in which he discusses:
- Mitigating over 85% of targeted cyber attacks with effective privilege management
- Striking the perfect balance between user empowerment and endpoint security
- Combating insider attacks with a least privilege approach on desktops and servers
Joining Mark will be Lee Barnett, CISO of PwC, who will give a first-hand account of how Privilege Guard has harmonized security and usability at PwC. Lee will be examining the challenges faced by PwC and how Privilege Guard effectively overcame these, covering:
- PwC's large mobile workforce and the previous reliance on allocating administrator rights to support these users.
- How removing administrator rights was thought of as a compromise to user productivity.
- The requirement for users to be able to elevate applications 'on-demand' when needed within a standard user environment.
Both Mark and Lee will draw upon real life examples, illustrating how least privilege has enabled global brands to achieve the seemingly impossible balance between user empowerment and endpoint security.
2 Chances to Win an Xbox One…
There will be two Xbox Ones up for grabs at FOCUS 13. For the chance to win, either fill out a 60 second survey at booth 116 or join Avecto CEO Mark Austin and PwC CISO Lee Barnett for their breakout session on Thursday 3rd October at 2.30pm PDT, Room 1, Delfino 4001/2. The winner will be drawn at the end of the session!