- Recognize systems with open ports including 1521 or 1433 that can then be categorized as “database servers.”
- Alert security staff and assign tickets to high-risk vulnerabilities, unknown ports in production systems, unauthorized software like Team Viewer, VNC, P2P clients, and more.
- Create risk indicators that generate alerts if detected, including systems with unauthorized software installed, open exploitable ports like 6667 and active processes such as conficker.exe or malware01.exe.
- Aggregate users and asset data to centrally baseline and track behavior
- Correlate diverse asset, user and threat activity to reveal critical risks
- Measure the velocity of asset changes to flag in-progress threats
- Isolate users and assets exhibiting deviant behavior
Scott Lang, Sr. Director, Product Marketing at BeyondTrust
Scott Lang has nearly 20 years of experience in technology product marketing, currently guiding the product marketing strategy for BeyondTrust’s privileged account management solutions and vulnerability management solutions. Prior to joining BeyondTrust, Scott was director of security solution marketing at Dell, formerly Quest Software, where he was responsible for global security campaigns, product marketing for identity and access management and Windows server management.