- Limit which commands users can execute
- Ensure accountability between admins
- Eliminate logons as root
- Create least privilege profiles that allow people to get their work down without sacrificing security
- How to monitor misuse of root access
- How to protect root accounts and passwords
- Controlling shell access
- Auditing logons, commands and other activity
Randy Franklin Smith, Microsoft MVP & Windows Security Expert, and CEO at Monterey Technology Group, Inc.
Randy Franklin Smith is an internationally recognized expert on the security and control of Windows and Active Directory security who specializes in Windows and Active Directory security. He performs security reviews for clients ranging from small, privately held firms to Fortune 500 companies, national, and international organizations.
Randy Franklin Smith began his career in information technology in the 1980s developing software for a variety of companies. During the early 1990s, he led a business process re-engineering effort for a multi-national organization and designed several mission critical, object-oriented, client/server systems. As the Internet and Windows NT took off, Randy focused on security and led his employer's information security planning team. In 1997, he formed Monterey Technology Group, Inc. where he serves as President.