- IBM's DeveloperWorks site recently had this replacing certain pages after hackers leveraged a vulnerability to gain access. Since it requires admin access to upload new web pages, it's reasonable to suggest they used a vulnerability to gain administrative privileges. Could IBM have prevented it? The hacker-posted website seems to indicate as much.
- Vodafone just suffered a breach somehow related to password sharing. You may think this is a password issue, but since the breach involved hundreds of customer accounts, which passwords do you think could grant access to hundreds of accounts? Yup - you got it - an admin's password. Few other people have access to entire databases.
- This one is particularly interesting, because it highlights that "Printers and copiers are often overlooked as a potential source of a data security breach but they need to be handled just as carefully as a PC." Some printers keep copies of everything ever printed and employees tinker with their printer settings almost as often as their desktops. How many help desk inquiries do you get regarding printers?
- Risk Reality
Privileged Access Management Solutions
Gain visibility and control over all privileged accounts and users.See All Solutions
- Endpoint Privilege Management
- Remove excessive end user privileges on desktops and servers
- Password Management
- Discover, manage, audit, and monitor privileged accounts
- Privileged Remote Access
- Give vendors secure remote access without using VPN
- DevOps Secrets Safe
- Meet the dynamic security requirements of highly elastic DevOps environments
- Remote Support
- Securely access and support any device, anywhere
In this webinar, we will look at several different ways to more safely provide admins with SSH/RDP access to VMs in the cloud.Register now
On the Blog
- Tenable Selected as Partner of Choice as BeyondTrust Exits Vulnerability Management Market
- BeyondTrust Chief Technology Officer Releases Final Book in Attack Vectors Series
- 6 myths about PAM and why it is fundamental to dispel them
- The Security Recommendation to Solve and Age-Old Problem
- A Single Security Recommendation to Solve and Age-Old Problem