- This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical Bomgar Appliances (B200, B300 & B400), virtual Bomgar Appliances (VMWare & Hyper-V), and cloud deployment models.
- This release requires Base software 4.4.1 or later.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Faster Screen Sharing – new networking capabilities further optimize traffic between support representatives and end-users.
- Introducing the Bomgar Virtual Appliance for Hyper-V. The Virtual Appliance is certified to deploy to your Hyper-V 2012 R2 (standalone or role-based) hosts.
- Introducing SAML 2.0 support. Bomgar administrators can now configure SAML as a single sign-on provider for Bomgar authentication.
- Jump Shortcuts allow you to save shortcuts to your frequently accessed systems. Introduced in our PAM 15 series, you can create Jump Shortcuts for quick access to systems via RDP, SSH, and Jump To sessions. Jump Shortcuts are available from mobile rep console apps, as well. Large deployments are no problem – a mass import tool is available to get large deployments set up quickly.
- Introducing Unattended Android Access. Jump directly to remote POS, digital signage, and other Android-powered kiosks without any interaction.
- The brand new Multi-Factor Authentication for local user accounts gives Bomgar administrators an easy way to add a layer of security without the complexity or cost of integrating with external token-based systems.
- The new HD View feature equips support reps with an incredibly fast Video Optimized quality option, enabling smoother updates during screen sharing. This is especially useful when supporting remote video.
- Jumpoint Management Enhancements – Better manage your installed Jumpoints. Jumpoint information on /login now includes the host system's public and private IP addresses, hostname, and comments. You can easily redeploy a Jumpoint to a new host, with the new Jumpoint replacing the old one for any existing Jump shortcuts associated with it. Jumpoints can be clustered to provide redundancy and additional load capacity for critical network segments. Additionally, Jumpoints no longer require a user to be assigned to them directly.
- Faster Session Initiation – Improvements to customer client start times mean less waiting. Less waiting means happier customers.
- iOS 3D Touch Support has arrived on the Bomgar mobile rep console. Mobile reps can peek at active sessions and pop to join them, as well as start sessions faster by accessing their top three most commonly used Jump Items and emailing session keys before they are even logged in. Reps can also use Touch ID to access their saved credentials and access Bomgar more quickly.
- Bomgar 16.1.1 is available today in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Spanish (European)
- The HTML 5 click-to-chat client can now be customized.
- Additional information is provided about connection agent statuses.
- Supporting shared computers? Passive Jump Clients now check in whenever a console user change is detected, giving reps a more accurate view of the end system before initiating a session.
- Now you can extract presentation logs and recordings via the API.
- Start local RDP sessions without needing a Jumpoint.
- A command line flag, --no-run-client-now, has been added for use when running the rep console installer from the command line, preventing the rep console from automatically starting after the install is complete.
- Atlas Clusters now automatically sync once per day to ensure /login configurations are consistent among the master and traffic nodes.
- Request a screen sharing recording event using the appliance_guid as a value.
- Resolved an issue with using the reporting API to download session recordings in an Atlas environment.
- Resolved an issue with embedded Bomgar Buttons not functioning properly without either the desktop shortcut or Start Menu shortcut enabled.
- Resolved an issue with RDP not properly shutting down during the upgrade process.
- Resolved an issue with the Copy and Paste function not always working properly within the Linux platform.
- Multiple error message can display on the Add User page simultaneously.
- Security provider test UI has been improved.
- Resolved an issue with LDAP not working properly after upgrading if a mixed-cased schema was used.
- Bomgar now accepts LDAPv2 domain name formats sent over LDAPv3 protocols.
- Resolved an issue with using backslash characters when screen sharing from an English UK layout in RDP sessions.
- “Back To” buttons are now available for canned scripts, special actions, and session policies edit/add pages within the /login interface.
- Team chat messages are now available on the team activity report’s CSV file.
- Resolved an issue with multiple email addresses not being able to be added to outbound events.
As always with our major releases, a big thanks goes to our Early Adopters! With your help, the following resolved issues have also been included in this release.
- Resolved an issue where starting a co-browsing session would display an error when using Chrome.
- Renamed the existing PresentationRecording API to PresentationSessionRecording to match the naming scheme of other existing reports. PresentationRecording is still available for backward compatibility.
- Resolved an issue with the application sharing prompt resetting if control was toggled.
- Resolved an issue with the customer client sometimes crashing after an elevation attempt.
- Resolved an issue where service mode Jump Clients would not start correctly on SUSE.
- Resolved an issue with service mode Jump Clients not installing on Fedora 22.
- Resolved an issue with Jumping to a service mode Jump Client on Linux while the login screen is visible.
- Resolved an issue with the multiple monitor thumbnail appearing stretched on Mac OS X 10.11.
- Resolved an issue with the thumbnail image appearing black after rebooting the remote session on Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9.
- Resolved an issue with being unable to copy and paste with Mac OS X 10.9.
- Resolved an issue where using annotations would break control of the remote system on Mac OS X 10.9.
- Resolved an issue where screen sharing in a mobile representative console would not correctly render moving windows.
- Resolved an issue with Android devices being redirected to the wrong app.
- Updated the Android start session portal to be more consistent with the iOS start session portal.
- Resolved an issue with audio conference details data not being preserved after upgrading the site.
- Resolved an issue where attempting to connect to an RDP session would return an error message about checking network connectivity.
- Resolved an issue where an attempt to start an RDP session using a hostname or fully qualified domain name would fail.
- Resolved an issue with being unable to copy and paste in an RDP session.
- Resolved an issue with extra lines being inserted when copying and pasting text through screen sharing in an RDP session.
- Resolved an issue with copying a large file through RDP being interrupted by copying something locally.
- Resolved an issue with extra line separators displaying in the Jump Item description window.
- Resolved an issue with the expiration label and reset button not updating correctly when editing a Jump Item.
- Resolved an issue with the Bomgar display driver not re-enabling after a UAC prompt.
- Resolved an issue where using the mouse wheel along with dragging a windows caused the mouse pointer position to be off.
- Resolved an issue with the session sidebar not redrawing correctly after moving a dockable widget.
- Updated the Internet Explorer special action to instead Launch Default Browser.
- Updated the tab order in the representative console to be more intuitive.
- Resolved an issue with the Start Support Session window not remembering the preferred Jumpoint.
- Resolved an issue with the wrong error message being displayed when attempting to Jump to a password-protected Jump Client without entering a password.
- Resolved an issue with presentation reporting redirecting to the Status page in Internet Explorer 9.
- Resolved an issue where not all representatives are displayed in the reports filter when there were large numbers of representatives.
- Resolved an issue with report results not matching the given date range after switching time zones.
- Resolved an issue with the SAML group lookup delimiter not working properly.
- Resolved an issue with the test option for RADIUS failing if “Try to obtain user attributes” was selected.
- Resolved an issue where SAML non-provisioned users and non-listed groups which were not associated with a policy were not being removed.
- Resolved an issue with not being able to add more than 300 users to a group policy.
- Resolved an issue where an attempt to log into the rep console using RADIUS credentials would fail if access was restricted to allowed networks and rep console access was never limited to those networks.
- Resolved an issue with logging in on the rep console using mixed case characters through RSA.
- Resolved an issue with the security provider test option not being available for Cloud sites.
- Increased the metadata file upload limit for SAML providers.
- Resolved an issue with the SAML provider being selectable when changing the priorities of security providers.
- Resolved an issue where logging into the rep console using SAML would redirect to the /login > My Account page if the appliance had multiple DNS entries.
- Resolved an issue with being unable to delete security questions from an account after one had been saved.
- Resolved an issue with an error message not being displayed when a second rep tried to join a vPro session when another rep was already in the session.
- Resolved an issue with Unicode characters in company names preventing downloads of configuration backups and gen packs.
- Resolved an issue with custom favicons reverting back to the Bomgar favicon after upgrades.
- Resolved an issue with password change email notifications being sent even if there was an error creating the user.
- Resolved an issue where logged-in reps were not being sorted by display number on the Status > Representatives page.
- Resolved an issue with the license usage report having differing results depending on whether duration or range end was selected.
- Updated the Jump Item exported list to say “Disk Usage”.
- Updated “RDP” to be “Local RDP” in the rep console to be more consistent throughout the product.
- Resolved an issue with automated credential handling not being available in certain parts of the product.
- Resolved an issue with user account report notifications remaining even after tab and page refreshes.
- Updated the Ctrl+Alt+Del strings to be more consistent throughout the product
- The API version has been increased to 1.15.0.
- Supports upgrades from 15.2.2+. If on a version prior to this, multiple upgrades will be required.
- This release is certified with the following Bomgar Mobile versions:
- iOS Rep Console 2.2.8
- iOS Customer Client 2.2.4
- iOS Presentation Client 2.2.1
- Android Rep Console 2.2.6
- Android, Samsung Android, and HTC Android Customer Clients 2.2.8
- Android Presentation Client 2.2.1
- Requires Integration Client 1.6.0+.
- New iOS 3D Touch and Touch ID features require supporting Apple hardware, such as iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
- Discontinued support of Windows 2000.
- Discontinued support for RDP via newly deployed Jumpoints on Windows XP/2003.