Bomgar 10.5.5 is a full maintenance release that includes one new option for Kerberos security provider users, as well as several resolved issues.
As always, if you are currently running an earlier version of Bomgar, such as 10.3.x or 10.4.x, be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
If you are not currently using translations, check our latest major version, Bomgar 10.6, for even more new features!
Requirements for 10.5.5:
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all physical Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400)
- Physical appliances require base software version 3.1.10 or later before installing Bomgar 10.5.5
- A new option for Kerberos security providers has been added, allowing the Kerberos realm to be stripped the User Principal Names (UPNs). So a UPN in the form of “user@REALM” will result in “user” being used for the username if this new option is selected.
- Administrative Interface
- Resolved an issue where changes made in the Localization->Search page were not being saved
- Resolved an issue where the Pin as Jump Client button could become disabled when deploying a Bomgar Button
- Resolved an issue where Reboot/Reconnect into Safe Mode would be disabled when supporting pre-Vista systems when the Recovery Console was installed
- Resolved an issue where some event descriptions were not displayed correctly in the System Info tool
- Resolved an issue where editing a Bomgar Button could incorrectly reset its profile to the Default
- Resolved an issue with the Shell Jump dialog where the hostname and password fields could be incorrectly greyed out
- Resolved an issue where the privacy screen was not rendering text correctly for wide-character languages (e.g. Japanese) when running on 64-bit Windows operating systems
- Resolved an issue where the temporary directories for canned script resource files were not always being removed after a support session ended