We are pleased to announce the release of Bomgar 10.5, our first major release of 2010. This release introduces some major new enhancements to Bomgar Button, several new features for BlackBerry devices, Application Sharing for remote Mac systems and more.
The highlights of this release are listed below. To learn more and to request your upgrade, visit the Bomgar Support portal.
Requirements for 10.5:
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for appliance base software versions 3.1.10 and later
- For virtual appliances, this version of Bomgar has been certified for base software version 3.1.11 and later
New Features and Enhancements:
[UPDATED June 18, 2010 - the Issues Resolved and Known Issues sections below have been completed]
With thanks to our Early Adopters, the following features and resolved issues have also been included in this release. In addition, all of the recent features, enhancements, and issues resolved in our 10.4.9 release are included in Bomgar 10.5.1.
- The API now supports the ability determine whether or not a support rep is currently “Showing on Rep List”. This allows API users more flexibility when creating their own portal to determine whether Reps are visible on the Support Portal page.
- The tooltips on the User Accounts table now include the Row & Column labels. This enhancements helps identify who and what you are looking at, especially as your user count starts to grow.
- Resolved an issue where a shared IP address was not being enabled when performing a manual Failover with the “Check this box to pull a data-sync” option selected
- Resolved an issue where a Bomgar Button’s preview icon on the Edit Profile page was not showing up on some browsers without refreshing the page
- Resolved an issue where Bomgar Button mass deployment would only allow the default Public Site / Portal combinations
- Resolved an issue where a starting a Command Shell session could launch a duplicate window on the Customer’s screen
- Resolved an issue with sending keystrokes into remote applications that required physical keystroke injection
- Resolved an issue where clicking a column header to sort Bomgar Buttons would sometimes require multiple clicks
- Resolved an issue where the chat window could appear at the bottom of the Rep Console for a few seconds after logging in
- Resolved an issue where Requesting login credentials for Reboot / Reconnect would not save in NT4. Note that the following Microsoft file is required for rebooting with credentials to work on NT4: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d1fbaed-d122-45cf-9d46-1cae384097ac&displaylang=en
- Resolved an issue where an Attendee could be listed with an “Offline” status in the attendees list when they were never actually in the Presentation
- Resolved an issue where a Presenter’s desktop background could be restored during the Presentation
- Resolved an issue where right-clicking when supporting a Mac was not displaying the context menu to the rep when Application Sharing was not set to share new windows
- Resolved an issue where Team Managers were not able to inject keystrokes into other Rep Consoles when assisting or monitoring another a rep
- Resolved an issue with Linux Jump Client thumbnails displaying as a solid color
- BlackBerry Pearl 3G (9100) and BlackBerry Bold (9650) models are now supported
- Resolved an issue with Aero themes not being consistently restored after a screen sharing session
- Resolved an issue where the Privacy Screen could being shown to both the Rep and the Customer
- Resolved an issue where exiting a Mac Jump Client session with a Command Shell still open could cause the next session with that Jump Client to hang
- Resolved an issue with sending multiple files to BlackBerry devices
- Resolved an issue where Bomgar Button sessions could launch a Customer Exit Survey using the default portal instead of a custom portal
- Resolved an issue where 10.5 Bomgar Buttons were not removing the desktop icons of previous versions of Bomgar Buttons
- Resolved an issue where transparent Bomgar Button profile icons would not display correctly on Windows Mobile devices
- Resolved an issue where Bomgar Button icons were not being removed on Windows Mobile devices
[UPDATED June 25, 2010 - two Known Issues listed below have been updated as denoted by *UPDATED*]
The following known issues are currently being addressed and should be resolved in an upcoming maintenance release. Our support team is available to discuss any questions you may have regarding these issues.
- SMTP settings in the /appliance interface are not saved when upgrading your appliance’s base firmware to 3.1.10. Record your SMTP settings before upgrading to avoid this. This does not affect the SMTP settings in the /login interface.
- When upgrading to Bomgar 10.5, any existing session recordings on the appliance will not be viewable. A patch to resolve this is available for download.
- Using the BlackBerry Browser to access a Bomgar support portal through a BES can cause an HTML Error 500 (Internal Server Error). Several workarounds are available:
- *UPDATED* RIM has acknowledged this issue and offers a workaround in their KB article here.
- Configure the BlackBerry device’s browser to use the Internet Browser instead of the BlackBerry Browser.
- Disable the “Force Public Site to Use SSL (HTTPS)” option on the /login -> Management -> Security page. This will disable public site redirection to HTTPS, but will not disable HTTPS access if it is explicitly entered.
- The Bomgar Button mass deployment wizard can produce an error stating, “The given public portal address is not valid for the selected portal.” This occurs when a site alias is defined and is specified in the mass deployment wizard. A patch to resolve this is available for download.
- Bomgar Buttons that upgrade from 10.4.9 will not work properly until a reboot occurs. This only affects remote Mac OS X systems.
- *UPDATED* Bomgar Buttons deployed to a BlackBerry device will fail if site redirection is enabled. A patch to resolve this is available for download.
- The API version has been incremented to 1.4.1 with this release
- Features with an asterisk (*) require an Enterprise license
- Non-English translations for Bomgar 10.5 will be available in an upcoming maintenance release. If you need to provide remote support in a language other than English, ask our support team about Bomgar 10.4.9, our latest translated release.