Bomgar 10.4.9 is a full maintenance release with a handful of new features and enhancements. Please note that if you are currently running an earlier major version of Bomgar, such as 10.2.x or 10.3.x, please be sure to contact our Support team today to discuss any prerequisites that you may need to meet prior to upgrading.
Requirements for 10.4.9:
- This version of Bomgar has been certified for use with all physical Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400)
- Your appliance requires appliance base software version 3.1.6 or later before installing Bomgar 10.4.9
New Features and Enhancements
- Skins and support for the BlackBerry Storm 2 (9550) have been added to the Rep Console
- Admins now have the ability to exclude reporting data in their site backups, effectively creating a “Configuration Only” backup. Note that “_with_logged_history” is now appended to file name of a full backup.
- A new “information bar” style prompt warns Reps whenever the customer client detects enhanced security (e.g. UAC enabled, Mac not running elevated, etc)
- A new Twitter-like counter has been added to the Session Notes input field, indicating the number of remaining characters that can be entered. Note that the counter is reset when the user clicks the Submit button.
- The dialog for Elevating the remote customer client has been reworked to include all options in one view
- A new dialog reminds Support Reps to close any sessions in their Personal queue before logging out or quitting the Bomgar Representative Console. This should also help increase Rep Exit Survey completion.
- Support for BlackBerry 5.0 devices associated with a BES has been added
- Session cookies now have the HttpOnly flag set for improved cookie protection
- Customer Client
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients failed to upgrade on 64-bit versions of XP / 2003 Server. See this entry for more details.
- Resolved an issue where the customer exit survey page displayed an error if it was launched before its session was fully closed
- Resolved an issue where the wrong installer was provided when downloading the Customer Client on Red Hat 64-bit systems
- Resolved an issue where Reboot/Reconnect with cached credentials was not working properly on Windows Vista and greater
- Resolved an issue where the Customer Client was not loading under NT4
- Resolved an issue where the “Open” and “Open Folder” links (displayed after sending a file via chat) were not working properly under certain conditions
- Resolved an issue where the Open Location link displayed an error message after elevating a customer client
- Resolved an issue where the Send File button was not working properly for 64-bit Customer Clients downloaded with Firefox or Chrome
- Resolved an issue where Jump Clients were showing Unavailable on lossy (e.g. wireless) networks
- Resolved an issue where CTRL-SHIFT- sequences could drop the SHIFT
- Resolved an issue where the bomgar.ini file could be removed, hindering Jump Clients from reconnecting
- Resolved an issue where the “Move to Rep” menu item was not being displayed correctly
- Resolved an issue where monitoring a team member that is running a Mac Rep Console caused the team member’s background to turn black
- Resolved an issue where attempting to close the File Transfer overwrite warning dialog was not working properly. Now, clicking the red “X” button will cancel the potential transfer and close the dialog.
- Resolved an issue where saving a file sent via chat was not actually saving
- Resolved an issue where push URL was not working in elevated sessions
- Resolved an issue where the “Create Directory” File Transfer button could create undesired behavior
- Resolved an issue where some Macs would not reconnect after rebooting during an elevated session
- Resolved an issue with rep exit surveys where multi-select lists were displayed as single-select combo boxes
- Resolved an issue where the Rep Console would sometimes be displayed larger than the screen’s resolution, forcing the user to resize it
- Now when configuring a Public site, changing a section from “Public Site and API” to anything else will disable AND uncheck the “Start Session Using Click-to-Chat” option for that section. In previous versions, the latter option would remain checked which created confusion.
- Resolved an issue where files larger than 64MB were not able to be downloaded from a browser
- Resolved an issue where the Reset Admin Account failed to properly remove the existing admin from any group policies, potentially locking out the admin
- Resolved an issue where editing a user’s Equilibrium Settings for idle timeout and session count limit were not disabled when “Allowed to provide remote support” was unchecked
- Resolved an issue with not being able to start sessions using clicktochat.js when portal sections were set to “API only”
- Resolved an issue where disabling English on the Localization -> Languages page did not fully disable it
- Resolved an issue where closing the Click-to-Chat window prior to starting a session would cause the parent window to redirect to the Support Portal
- Resolved an issue where outbound events did not support null bytes or a zero in any data fields sent as a part of that event
- Resolved an issue where outbound events could stop working during routine appliance maintenance periods
- Resolved an issue where deleting a logged-in rep from the user list was not forcing them to logout
- Resolved an issue where Push URL and Exit Surveys were not always using the default browser on the remote system
- Resolved an issue where the Shell Jump tab of the Jumpoint Configuration dialog would display incorrectly if Escape was pressed after making configuration changes
- Resolved an issue where Session Recording Viewer’s upper play button was not working correctly