We’ve heard your requests, we’ve felt your pain, and now we’ve responded. The first major maintenance release for Bomgar 10.0 is now available.
New Features and Enhancements:
- Usability Changes
- When elevating the customer client, the wording was changed to use “elevation of privileges” instead of “administrative privileges”.
- The Jumpzone browser now centers the Jumpzone title.
- Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard support has been added.
- A downloadable FLV Player to the My Account tab. This gives you an easy (and free!) way to view downloaded session recordings
- A message is now displayed if the Clipboard becomes corrupted.
- Reps are now prompted when pinning a Jump client to a queue other than their personal queue. This only occurs when the customer client is elevated.
- Vista fixes
- Various Vista tweaks were made to improve usability.
- An issue with Vista desktop backgrounds not returning after elevating has been fixed.
- An issue with Mac crashing (black screen upon allowing screen sharing) has been fixed.
- An issue with Mac Jump clients incorrectly report OS versions (10.4.9 instead of 10.4.10) has been fixed.
Jump client fixes
- Vista Jump clients that were pinned in an elevated state now start up with admin rights.
- Non-Admin Users getting kicked out after clicking “Jump Clients” tab.
- Fixed submenu highlighting for the Jump client mass deployment client download page.
- The wording for the moving Jump clients to a new group and to an existing group was (incorrectly) exactly the same.
Rep client fixes
- A few issues with the file transfer feature have been fixed.
- Rep survey does not come up after clicking X on rep client in full screen mode.
- RepClient autoupdate from 9.3.3 to 10.0.1 does not change shortcut names.
- Idle Logout dialog bug: You can hit the X to make the dialog box go away and be logged out after 30 seconds.
- Windows 64-bit browsers now download the 32-bit customer client.
- The virtual pointer on gnome systems has been improved.
- An issue with the Presentation Attendee client (crashing when run with the -proxydetect command line parameter) has been fixed.
- Fixed several rare crash cases were resolved thanks to crash dumps reported from the field.
- An issue which wouldn’t allow you to turn off Application Sharing within a Group Policy has been fixed.
And remember, if your maintenance is current and you don’t yet have version 10.0.2, you can go here to enter the upgrade queue and request your free upgrade today!