BeyondTrust Appliance B Series Installation Overview
A number of steps are necessary to install and configure your B Series Appliance. This task list can be used as a quick reference, or a checklist to track completion of the essential configuration requirements. Detailed instructions for each step can be found further on in this guide.
Configure the Required DNS Records
- Create a DNS A-record for the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your new site (e.g., appliance.example.com).
- If your B Series Appliance will be located in your DMZ or internal network, an internal A-record pointing to the internal IP address of the B Series Appliance is required.
- If you plan to support access for external customers, a public DNS A-record must be registered for the external IP address of the B Series Appliance.
For BeyondTrust network deployment, see The BeyondTrust Appliance B Series in the Network.
Install and Configure the B Series Appliance
- Install the B Series Appliance according to BeyondTrust Appliance B Series Installation Prerequisites.
- Obtain an SSL certificate that matches your FQDN (e.g. appliance.example.com).
- Import the certificate chain to your B Series Appliance, and assign it to the appliance IP address.
- Export the root portion of the certificate chain (with matching Issued To and Issued By values) without private key information, and save the root certificate for the next step.
For detailed instructions on obtaining an SSL certificate, please see the SSL Certificate Guide.
Obtain the Software License Package
- Email the following three items to BeyondTrust Technical Support:
- The FQDN of the B Series Appliance.
- The root SSL certificate segment saved during the B Series Appliance setup.
- A screenshot of the /appliance > Status > Basics page.
- You will be notified by email when you can install the package. Ensure you have completed all of the previous steps.
- The software license package can be installed using the Check for Updates utility.
- Once your license package is installed, navigate to the /login administrative interface (e.g., https://appliance.example.com/login).
- Use the default admin credentials admin and password to log in for the first time.