Create a Directory Query
You can create an Active Directory or LDAP query to retrieve information from Active Directory or LDAP to populate a Smart Rule. To work with directory queries, the BeyondInsight user must be a member of the Administrators group or assigned the Asset Management permission.
For more information, please see Create and Configure Groups.
- In the BeyondInsight console, navigate to Configuration > Role Based Access > Directory Queries.
- Click Create Directory Query +.
To clone an existing query, hover over a query in the list, and then click the Edit icon, and select Clone.
- Select the directory type: Active Directory or LDAP.
- Enter a name for the query.
- Select a stored credential for running this query or click Manage Credentials to add or edit a credential.
At minimum, the credential must have Read permissions on the computer assets you are enumerating.
For more information on creating and editing directory credentials, please see Create and Edit Directory Credentials.
- Enter a path, or click Browse to search for a path and add it.
- Select a scope to apply to the container: This Object and All Child Objects or Immediate Children Only.
- Select an object type.
- Enter a name and description for the basic filter.
- Click Advanced Filter, and then enter the LDAP query details.
- Click Test to ensure the query returns expected results.
- Click Save.