September 3, 2020
New Features and Enhancements:
- Added SUPX format packages, which distribute EZPatch packages to make UVM Appliance (environment) changes.
- Added MSUPI format packages, which build SUPI packages that contain either selected KBs or third-party software.
- Converted SUPI Engine/EXE to a service that works the same as the EXE did on 2012-R2.
- Updated the SUPI Service on Server 2016 systems to install KBs without use of the offline scan cab file.
- Added feature to schedule installation of SUPI packages.
- Enhanced SUPI Service on W2016 to install EzPatch/SUPX packages to return installation progress updates.
- Added additional subscriptions to deliver the new update types.
- Supports Legacy SUPI Functionality.
- This release will not install to Server 2008 UVMs.
- When installed on a Server 2012 UVM, the following new Subscriptions are added with the install:
- When installed on a Server 2016 UVM, the following new Subscriptions are added with the install:
- UVM Supporting Software
- UVM Environment
- Security patches for SQL 2016
- The desktop SUPI.EXE no longer has a user interface but can still be used at the command prompt to support scripting.
- This installer is a prerequisite to installing UVM Software 3.2.2.