BeyondTrust Remote Support Integration with Zendesk
You must purchase this integration separately for both your Remote Support software and your Zendesk solution. For more information, contact BeyondTrust's Sales team.
Service desks and customer support organizations using Zendesk can integrate with BeyondTrust to improve service levels, central support processes, and strengthen compliance. This document describes the installation and configuration of the BeyondTrust Remote Support integration with Zendesk.
This document describes the installation and configuration of the BeyondTrust Remote Support integration with Zendesk. The integration consists of two main parts:
- Middleware which receives event notifications from the B Series Appliance and pushes data into Zendesk.
- An app that can be installed within Zendesk to provide UI elements allowing the user to do things such as generate a session key or Jump to a remote system.
The Zendesk integration with BeyondTrust Remote Support provides the following functionality:
- A BeyondTrust session key can be initiated from within a Zendesk ticket.
- An agent can type a machine name into a field on the screen and Jump to the device using BeyondTrust Jump Technology.
- A customer can request help on an existing issue via the Zendesk Customer Portal.
- The representative can manually associate a session with a particular Zendesk ticket by editing the external key while in a BeyondTrust session.
- A custom link in the BeyondTrust representative console can automatically open the ticket in Zendesk.
- When the BeyondTrust session ends, session data is pushed into Zendesk and can be viewed from within the ticket.