Configure BeyondTrust Remote Support for the ServiceNow Basic Integration
All of the steps in this section take place in the BeyondTrust /login administrative interface. Access your Remote Support interface by going to the hostname of your B Series Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Verify That the API Is Enabled
The Remote Support Integration requires the Remote Support XML API to be enabled. This feature is used from within the integrating software to communicate with the Remote Support APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
The ServiceNow API account is used from within ServiceNow to make Remote Support Command API calls to Remote Support.
- Go to /login > Management > API Configuration.
- Click Add to create a new API account and name it ServiceNow or something similar.
- Set Command API to Full Access.
- Under Reporting API, check all options.
- The OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret are used during the OAuth configuration step in ServiceNow. Make note of these and store them in a secure location.
- Click Save.