Configure Remote Support for Integration with Salesforce
You must purchase this integration separately for both your Remote Support software and your Autotask solution. For more information, contact BeyondTrust sales.
All of the steps in this section take place in the B Series Appliance /login administrative interface. Access your B Series Appliance interface by going to the host name of your B Series Appliance followed by /login (for example, https://support.example.com/login).
Verify that the API is enabled
The BeyondTrust Remote Support and Salesforce Integration requires the Remote Support XML API to be enabled. This feature is used from within Salesforce to communicate with the Remote Support APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
Create an API Service Account
The Salesforce API Account is used from within Salesforce to make Remote Support Command API calls to Remote Support.
- Go to Management > API Configuration and click Add to create a new API account.
- Provide a name for the API account.
- Under Permissions, check Full Access to the Command API.
- For the Reporting API, check Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings and Allow Access to Presentation Session Reports and Recordings.
- Be sure to copy the values for both the OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret for use in a later step.
- Click Save to create the account.
Add an Outbound Event URL
Outbound events are used to notify Salesforce of Remote Support session events, most commonly when a session ends and when exit surveys have been completed.
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- In the HTTP Recipients section, click Add and name it Integration or something similar.
- Set the URL to:
http://<middleware.customer.com>/ERSPost?appliance=Default,where <middleware.customer.com> is the hostname of BeyondTrust Integration Middleware.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following events:
- Support Session End
- Customer Exit Survey is Completed
- Representative Survey is Completed
- Click Save.
- Now, the list of outbound events should contain the event just added. The Status column displays a value of OK if communication is working. If communication is not working, the Status column displays an error which you can use to repair communication.
Setup Custom Link
Remote Support Custom Links can be configured to allow Representatives to quickly access the Salesforce case which is associated with the session.
- Browse to Rep Console > Custom Links.
- In the Custom Links section, click the Add button. Enter a name for the link, then set the URL to:
- Salesforce Classic: https://salesforce.hostname/%SESSION.CUSTOM.external_key%
- Salesforce Lightning: https://salesforce.hostname/lightning/r/Case/%SESSION.CUSTOM.external_key%/view
Substitute salesforce.hostname with the Salesforce instance name. If needed, you can use any of the available macros to customize the link according to your specifications.
- Click Save to save the new link.