Configure BeyondTrust Remote Support for Integration with JIRA Service Desk
You must purchase this integration separately for both your Remote Support software and your JIRA Service Desk solution. For more information, contact BeyondTrust sales.
Several configuration changes are necessary on the BeyondTrust Appliance B Series.
All of the steps in this section take place in the BeyondTrust /login administrative interface. Access your Remote Support interface by going to the hostname of your B Series Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Verify the API Is Enabled
This integration requires the BeyondTrust XML API to be enabled. This feature is used by the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine to communicate with the BeyondTrust APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
Create an OAuth API Account
The JIRA Service Desk API account is used from within JIRA Service Desk to make Remote Support Command API calls to Remote Support.
- In /login, navigate to Management > API Configuration.
- Click Add.
- Check Enabled.
- Enter a name for the account.
- OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret is used during the OAuth configuration step in JIRA Service Desk.
- Under Permissions, check Allow Access for the Endpoint Credential Manager API.
- Click Save at the top of the page to create the account.
Add an Outbound Event URL
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- In the HTTP Recipients section, click Add and name it Integration or something similar.
- Enter the URL to use:
- If using an appliance ID of default: http://<middleware-host>:<port>/ERSPost. The default port is 8180.
- If using an appliance ID other than default: http://<middleware-host>:<port>/ERSPost?appliance=<appliance-id> where <middleware-host> is the hostname where the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine is installed. The default port is 8180. The <appliance-id> is an arbitrary name, but note the value used, as it is entered later in the plugin configuration. This name accepts only alphanumeric values, periods, and underscores.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following events:
- Support Session End
- Customer Exit Survey is Completed
- Representative Survey is Completed
- Someone Joins a Support Session (Optional)
- Click Save.
- The list of outbound events contains the event just added. The Status column displays a value of OK if communication is working. If communication is not working, the Status column displays an error which you can use to repair communication.
The Someone Joins a Support Session event is optional. This event is needed when using auto issue creation functionality.
Create a Custom Link
Under Rep Console > Custom Links, create a new custom link:
URL: https://<jira server>/browse/%SESSION.CUSTOM.EXTERNAL_KEY%
In the URL above, replace <jira server> with the hostname of your JIRA Service Desk Server instance.