Real-Time State API
The real-time state API provides information about the current state of the BeyondTrust Appliance B Series. Data include logged-in representatives, support sessions in progress, and queue statuses. The real-time state API provides a summary of the current system state rather than a history of events. It can answer such questions as:
- What sessions are waiting in a queue?
- What sessions have a representative in them?
- What sessions have been in the system for longer than X minutes?
- What is the estimated wait time for a session?
- How many chat support sessions are in progress?
- How many RDP sessions are in progress?
- How many sessions started from a session key or the issue submission form are in progress?
- Which representatives are logged in?
- Which representatives are available to accept sessions from a specific queue?
- In which sessions is a representative participating?
- How long has a representative been logged in?
- Which representatives are idle, are busy, or have automatic session assignment disabled?
The real-time state API is an authenticated API. For instructions on using authenticated APIs using OAuth, see Authenticate to the Remote Support API.
- How many sessions has a representative participated in during the last X hours?
- What is the total amount of time a representative has been idle during the last X hours?
- What is the total amount of time a representative was participating in at least Y sessions during the last X hours?
- How long has a representative been idle, busy, or available?
For this type of historical question, see Download Reports with Archive.
For users upgrading from a version prior to 17.1, the option to authenticate to the API with a user account is still available for backwards compatibility. However, it is highly recommended that you use the more secure OAuth method of authentication. If you are unable to switch to OAuth authentication, please follow the API request format described in our Remote Support documentation archive.