B Series Appliance Setup Task List
This task list is a quick reference for the steps necessary to set up your BeyondTrust Appliance B Series. Full details can be found further on in this guide. Use this list as a checklist of the essential steps.
- Configure a DNS A-record for the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your new site (e.g., support.example.com).
- If your B Series Appliance will be located in your DMZ or internal network, then an internal A-record pointing to the internal IP address of the B Series Appliance is needed.
If you wish to assist external users, then a Public DNS A-record also needs to be registered for the external IP address of the B Series Appliance.
"BeyondTrust" cannot be used in the FQDN for your site.
- Install the B Series Appliance according to BeyondTrust Appliance B Series Installation.
- Obtain an SSL certificate that matches your FQDN DNS (e.g., support.example.com).
- Import the certificate chain to your B Series Appliance and assign it to the IP address of the B Series Appliance.
- Export the root portion of the certificate chain (with matching Issued To and Issued By values) without private key information, and save the root certificate for the next step.
- Email the following three items to BeyondTrust Technical Support:
- The FQDN DNS hostname of the B Series Appliance from Step 1.
- The root SSL certificate segment exported in Step 3c.
- A screenshot of the /appliance > Status > Basics page.
- Install the new software license package which BeyondTrust Technical Support will send after you complete Steps 1-4.
- You will be notified by email when you should install the software license package using the Check for Updates utility.
- Once installed, navigate to the /login administrative interface (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
- Use the default admin credentials admin and password to log in for the first time.