Initiate an Android Support Session
Users of Android mobile devices benefit from access to your professional support team. BeyondTrust enables you to support Android devices via a representative-initiated support invitation or from your BeyondTrust support portal.
Start a Session through the Support Portal
- To initiate a support session, the customer must navigate to your organization’s support portal, for example, support.example.com. From this page, the customer chooses how they wish to start the session. The options available on the page are determined by the permissions set within the /login administrative interface.
- After a session start method has been chosen, the session starts.
Enter a Session Key to Start an Android Support Session
- To start a session directly from the BeyondTrust Customer Client app, your customer must enter your support site address, which is automatically verified, along with a unique session key you have generated from the representative console. You can provide these values to the customer verbally, via email, or via SMS.
- Once your customer clicks the Start button, the connection is initiated. The customer may be prompted to accept an agreement and/or allow session recordings before joining the session.
Join a Support Session through Email
- You can send an email invitation from the representative console. The email contains an invitation to join a support session along with a unique session key URL.
- After receiving the email invite, your customer must tap the link within the email. The link takes them to a page where they can choose to begin a session by tapping the Start Session button.
- If the customer has the BeyondTrust Customer Client app installed on their Android device, they may tap Start Session to begin a session. However, if the customer does not have the app installed, the Google Play Store opens, allowing the customer to download the Customer Client app.